Is there a safe skin bleaching cream for kids
    Super Shallow Posts: 145, Reputation: 7
    -

May 25, 2010, 01:14 AM

Let your child grow..
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 25, 2010, 05:40 AM

Okay---I get the cosmetic value of skin lightening, and understand that it's a personal thing.

HOWEVER---it is dangerous enough that you should not be making those choices for a CHILD.

Aside from the physical ramifications, the MENTAL and EMOTIONAL stress this will cause isn't worth it. Do you really want a child that thinks they have to attempt dangerous cosmetic practices just to feel beautiful? Do you want a child that thinks that they are not good enough for you with their natural skin color?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 25, 2010, 05:41 AM
    We also do not medically know, long term, if this could cause cancer.

Let your child be a child.
    CaramelMocha Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

May 25, 2010, 09:50 AM

I agree with synnen for the first time.. lol
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

May 25, 2010, 09:59 AM

OMFG!

Can you believe it ?

Synnen is ACTUALLY right for the first time in his life!

For once he things STRAIGHT ! Phew !

I agree with you Synnen. Congratulations you are right for the first time!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 25, 2010, 10:18 AM

HER.

Really--I'm female :)
    brooke_xo Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2010, 08:03 PM

WHAT? Okay no offense hun but really, just don't try to bleach a child's skin :o|. You like fair skin but that doesn't mean everybody does you know? Just let them feel beautiful & if they grow up and say they want fair skin, then they can bleach it themselves. Most kids I know are always tanned anyway from running around in the sun all day, just leave it :o
    n0username Posts: 44, Reputation: 5

May 28, 2010, 10:44 AM

You should not be using anything harsh on a child's skin. If you value pale skin so much, keep them out of the sun.
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

May 31, 2010, 12:29 PM

You know I wonder what colour I would be today if I didn't start bleaching laugh out loud.
    I know I can't stop niether do I want too but at least I decided for myself don't decide for him,he may not like your choice please goodness knows in a few or ten years from now being darl skin maybe the in thing,because trends change please let them decide for themselves

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the name of the bleaching product Rhianna is said to be using? [ 7 Answers ]

WomenInquire has an article about the bleaching product Rhianna and other celebrities are using on their skin

What is the most effective/safe skin lightening routine or product for face? [ 9 Answers ]

A few years ago I got sick, the doctors said that one of the rare side effects from the medication might be hyperpigmentation, after a year of treatment I began to notice my face and neck became shades darker than my entire body. Now, that I'm all better I would love to have my face back to a...

Which safe lightnening product for asian skin? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi Please help, I'm new to this site, and have read a lot of the mail that has been posted. What I really want to know is which product is most effective to use I have asian brown to light skin but want it fairer- also the main thing I'm looking for is a product which is safe, and ones with no...

Which skin bleaching product is best? Godiva or Meladerm? [ 2 Answers ]

Ive researched many skin bleaching products.. and I believe all of them truly work.. it just depends on how much you use it and how repeatedly you use it. Currently using FairandFlawless products.. and it has worked for me.. it has lightened my skin. Im filipino and have a tan complexion, but every...

View more questions Search