Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SkipB Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Apr 2, 2008, 01:01 PM
    This application is on a wheel blower , it is not used as a vacuum. Overspeeding of the engine may be the problem, but the RPMs read around 3250. I dropped it to 3050 and I will just have to wait and see what happens. Does anyone know if a 9HP Honda will bolt up to this unit ?
    bamaman101 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2010, 08:55 AM

I had similar problem with my 10hp B&S and it turned out to be a shorted on/off toggle switch. Hope this helps
    bamaman101 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2010, 09:07 AM
    I had a similar problem with my B&S 10hp generator and turns out I had a short in the on/off toggle switch (manual start)
    bultaukr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 11:01 AM
    I was trying to get my generator started but it would only run if I sprayed carburetor cleaner into the carburetor. I took the carburetor apart and it had varnish from old fuel. I cleaned the carburetor and now it doesn't start but it fires every 2 or 3 pulls. I think the chain jumped time. You might want to see if the chain might have jumped a link.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2010, 11:52 AM

What chain are you talking about ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't pull the starter cord on my 10hp Briggs and Stratton Engine [ 6 Answers ]

I recently purchased a two year old 10 hp Troy Built wood chipper. I've used it for about 4-5 hours and recently had to add a little oil. I added the correct type as per the manufacturers instructions. It started up just fine and after 15 minutes or so I shut it off to empty the bag. Once the...

Briggs and stratton engine replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Okay.. I have a John Deere 240.. I just replaced the motor with a Briggs and Stratton 18.5 hp. Come to find out the new motor doesn't have any kind of fuel pump and relys on a gravity feed. So I bought a low volume , low oressure fuel pump and installed it.. The mower ran great for about 20...

14.5 Briggs and Stratton engine [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me how to adjust the valves on a 14.5 over head valve engine? Thanks, roustaboutx

12.5 briggs&stratton engine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a briggs &strattonengine in my ride on lawn mower the battery won't charge when the engine is running

View more questions Search