Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 20, 2010, 08:48 PM
    Okay, I sent him an email. Hopefully, he'll be along sometime, soon!

Did you answer all of the questions that he asked, dan325is?

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 21, 2010, 06:20 AM

Good morning Dan.

Ok... Let's start, please list your direct and to the point questions again and we can start working on this.

Stringer
    dan325is Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2010, 11:07 AM

The buildings are new being built now from 22,000 to 33,000 sq ft, I make the bid I clean from windows to bath rooms vacuum mop wipe all counter tops there is no furniture in buildings I clean it for then to move in there desk its from apartement buildings to dr office and even hospitals . I just need to know how much to charge per sq ft. thank you hope your feeling better.dan

May 27, 2010, 09:36 PM
    Thank you
    Uber Member

May 27, 2010, 10:02 PM
    I'm sure that Stringer will return here sometime, dan325is!

I'm also not sure though what's been happening with him concerning his health. I've left at least a couple of phone messages for him over the past couple of days.

Haven't heard back, yet...

Thanks!
    Business Expert

May 28, 2010, 04:09 PM

Hey Clough, I doing OK... lots more of exams and tests to go...

By the way, I tried to return your call twice around 11 -11:30 PM and your phone rang busy...

Dan my apoligies again, I have been having some medical tests taken for some apparently serious situations... I will get back as soon as I can though.

Stringer
    Uber Member

May 28, 2010, 09:57 PM
    Now, I'm really getting worried, Stringer!

Jun 3, 2010, 04:02 PM

Need to know in a day or two on how much per sq ft I have a job to bid on 6/7/10
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2010, 09:29 PM
    I will be trying to call Stringer yet tonight, dan325is. He left me a message much earlier, but I wasn't home.

Thanks!

Jun 3, 2010, 10:06 PM

I need help fast by Monday
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2010, 10:40 PM
    I hadn't called him yet because I've not wanted to let some others here down.

I did just try to call him. Got his answering service.

I also just sent him an email.

When he left his message to me earlier, he talked for long enough that my answering machine ran out of time for him.

For some reason, he and I are having trouble connecting...
    Business Expert

Jun 4, 2010, 05:04 AM

Dan, remember that pricing is your responsibility and anything given to you is only a suggestion.

Since this is a one time clean and I am assuming that it is a 'final clean' (make ready to move in) bid I suggest that you figure your price at least in two ways;

First, figure all your costs; labor, overhead (taxes, admin, insurance, supplies, equipment, profit, etc.) and calculate your total. The trick is calculating your labor hours and figuring in a loaded hourly rate for labor. This varies state by state as taxes, labor mandated rates, etc vary. Take a average area of say 5,000 sq ft and calculate how much time it will take and extend that to the total 48,000 sq ft.

Second, as a general suggestion I would use a square foot rate based upon your square footage figure of 48,000. As an average I would suggest $.15 to $.19 per sq ft.

I would definitely figure your price both ways and compare the two for a final price.

Remember also that if this is a very competitive bid that it will drive down the price.

Also, I would also get a 'sign off' sheet from the contractor when completed, do a walk through with him or his rep to verify that all is completed to their satisfaction, this is important as they can find things that can delay payment. Or you will be asked to keep returning until all your profit evaporates.

Good luck, please let us know how you did, too often people don't return to let us know, thanks.

Stringer
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2010, 10:30 PM
    I can see that you're looking at this thread, chowdh97.

Did you want to post a response here?

Jul 19, 2010, 09:18 PM

Did you get my answer I over bid, I working on a few more bids right now I have over 30 to bid on so I hope I win one or two I WILL LET YOU KNOW THE OUT COME AND THANKS

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to bid on commercial cleaning job 284000 sq ft should I bid per sq or per hour [ 5 Answers ]

I have the oppurtunity to bid a pretty big commercial cleaning job 296 offices, 59 bath rooms15 kitchens 32 waiting areas. What is the best way to bid this job.

Cleaning bid for commercial building on sq. Ft. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, hope someone can be of some assistance. I am bidding on a commercial office building that has roughly 18,000 sq. ft. with a few offices vacant. The cleaning will be a regular janitorial service 5 days a week with paper products provided. The building manager said they usually get a discount...

How to bid on commercial cleaning in PA using sq ft [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is Pumpkin and I would like to know how much do I bid per sq ft for a commercial property that is 30,000 sq ft. services would be 7 days per week.

Need to know how to bid on a cleaning job for a commercial building. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I am new to the site and I'm hoping someone can help me. My brother and I are starting a commercial cleaning business and we have everything we need we are not sure on how to bid on a building. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Commercial Cleaning Bid [ 1 Answers ]

I am starting my own commercial cleaning business and I do not know how much to charge. I have a proposal in mind but I have never written a bid before. I do not know what the other cleaning companies are charging. How much should I charge for a 2500 sq feet building in the suburbs of AZ?

View more questions Search