Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebzlabberton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2010, 08:03 PM
    What are the laws for roommates in Washington state?
    I have a guy who my family and I live with and he works for the apartment complex we live in and he just decided to tell us he wants to move out, and he hasn't given written notice, or any time to find a place to live, and so now his boss wants us out by the end of the month, my family and I are going to be homeless, and we want to know what the law is, because we have not even 30 days to get our things packed, or get a new place
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 13, 2010, 05:59 AM

You have to be evicted according to law - http://www.wsba.org/media/publicatio...ord-tenant.htm
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 13, 2010, 06:15 AM

Hello e:

Your landlord must give you a minimum of 30 days written notice before you have to vacate. Write him a certified letter telling him that you'll be out by the end of June.

I'm assuming that you have a month to month arrangement. If you have a LEASE you have even more rights.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2010, 06:38 AM

Is the employee furnished the apartment as part of his employment, Is there any written agreement from him to where he works on vacating the apartment when he leaves employment there.

Was he legally able to have people living with him ?

Remember when he is gone, if the landlord has no idea of who you are, he may assume many things

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washington State Lease Laws [ 16 Answers ]

I want to move from my apartment due to lack of income. I have been here seven months, I just renewed my lease. My rent did go up. I'm paying TOO MUCH for what I am getting, and honestly can't afford it. My best friend just bought a house and has offered to rent me a room. Either way. The...

Tenant landlord laws in the state of Washington [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I live in the state of Washington and am a landlord. Tenant has not paid rent for two months. I served a three day, which is up tomorrow midnight. What do I do now? He has not paid the rent and has not contacted me. Is there something to do with a ten day notice now? I know I have to go...

Laws on breaking a rental agreement in Washington state [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know where to find any laws on breaking a rental agreement in Washington state. I am renting now and have signed a one year lease and am buying a house both of which are in Pierce County and would like to know if there is a way to terminate the rental agreement as a result of buying the...

Adultery laws in Washington state [ 4 Answers ]

Are than any laws against adultery in Washington State?

Abondonment laws of Washington state [ 15 Answers ]

I need help, trying to find laws about what is abandonment, like how long is it considered abandonment. We have our granddaughter who has lived with us since she has been born and both parents have signed over their rights to us (grandparents). Since then he doesn't call or see her for up to 5 -6...

View more questions Search