Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KFMT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 08:38 AM
    Orange Flame Gas Appliances Make Me Blue
    All burners on stove are burning with an orange flame. The heater and water heater also have an orange flame. Could there be a problem with the gas service into the house, possibly a meter problem ? Everything was fine and suddenly all went bad ? Thanks, KFMT
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2006, 08:51 AM
    And if the gas company blows you off, get an independent tech.
    KFMT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 06:36 AM
    Gas Co. phone rep said my appliances were causing this problem. I called back and insisted the Gas Co. send a tech. He arrived and checked things over and said impurities, "dust", of some kind, in their gas lines was causing all of the burners to flame orange. I found out that the phone rep had no technical knowledge and just blew me off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace - no flame [ 4 Answers ]

Hope someone out there can help, because it's going to get cold this weekend! I have a split HVAC unit with furnace in attic. Written on front of unit is Intertherm. Inside panel of unit says Nordyne, and the Ignition Control is Robert Shaw. The unit is 13 years old and the heat worked fine...

Faulty Gas Appliances Warning. [ 1 Answers ]

From http://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/student_services/accommodation/safety_home.jsp The site is for students, but the advice is universal. Gas Safety There are two risks associated with faulty gas appliances, leaking gas and carbon monoxide poisoning. A gas leak should be detectable by the...

Gas Stove Flame is yellow [ 1 Answers ]

My gas stove flame recently is more yellow than blue and is not as efficient when cooking. I am wondering if I need a new gas stove or if it is the gas. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks, Sharon

Appliances for overseas [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to buy an Electrical Range (Oven) and an Electrical Dryer to send them over to Romania. In the Range book, it said single phase 120V/240V. Over there, there is 220V. Can I install them? What do I need to do to make them work? As I understand, here the appliances have two hot wires...

Big power drain, all appliances off. [ 5 Answers ]

My problem is that one of my three house curcuits, when switched on at the fuse box immediately sends the meter racing, even with no appliances plugged in. Plugging in and turning on the washing machine causes the contact breaker to switch off the circuit. Very grateful for any suggestions! Hugh.

View more questions Search