Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chloe260699 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2010, 05:06 AM
    Can I stop my child from seeing their dad
    Can I put a stop to my child visiting her dad because of his new wife who my child doesn't get on with? Who is making her life hell.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2010, 05:17 AM

Yes. Go back to Court, file for a change in visitation, provide PROOF that the situation is a danger to the child (physicaly and emotionally). The Judge will listen to both sides of the story, very possibly appoint a guardian to represent the child legally and deciede what is in the child's best interest.

They will take a close look at your feelings toward the "new wife" and make sure you aren't putting words or feelings into your child's head.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 10, 2010, 05:21 AM

Judges are reluctant to terminate visitation of children to a parent. It is more likely another arrangement can be worked out, but it is understandable that your child will not like your ex's new wife and possibly making up stories. How old is your child?

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2010, 06:41 AM

Have you ( and new partner if you have one) sat down with ex and his new wife and discussed this
    chloe260699 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2010, 07:23 AM
    I did not go through courts at the time(9years ago) was lucky to arrange visits through my solicitor at the time.I have brought this up with ex husband but he not interested plus he does not talk to me hardly ever.. my child is coming up 11 this year and have decided to allow her to say whether she wants to visit , but I feel that he would take me to court if she didn't go.I have never stopped her from going over even from when she was small, but now she is growing up and having a opinion, I just don't know what to do for the best..
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2010, 02:06 PM

You are in the UK? I am familiar with US law.

I'd contact a solicitor - wish I could help but I really have nothing else to add.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At what age should a child stop calling his dad daddy? [ 13 Answers ]

My step-son is 12 years old and still calls his dad "Daddy" non-stop. He will call "Daddy? Daddy? Daddy?" over and over until his father answers him. I have raised two boys (14 and 18) and they had LONG stopped calling their father Daddy by this point in their life. My step-son also has a blanket...

Legal age in Indiana to stop child support for a child in college [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know when I can legally stop paying support on my step son who is going to be 22 and is still in college

How do I stop automatic child support payments from my check when child lives with me [ 2 Answers ]

I am a non-custodial parent who pays court ordered child support, the custodial parent as well as myself are in the Army I am currently deployed returning in Nov. She will be deploying in July. When I get home obviously my son will be with me because we have Joint legal Custody, how do I stop the...

Does my dad have to pay 18 years of child support for a child he didn't know about? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay, here is what happened... 19 years ago, my dad had a one night stand, and the girl moved away... She became pregnant, had the child, a girl, and did not tell my father. My father isn't even listed on the birth certificate, and he flat out did not know about his daughter for 18 years... On...

View more questions Search