Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koobeedoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 03:09 PM
    Why boyfriend left me for a woman in another state.
    I am devastated that a guy who I have been in a relationship for almost two years with and had been talking to another on the internet longer than he has known me and now he is moving to PA to be with her. We live in Alabama. He is originally from Washington and six months after we met online he jumped on a plane and flew down here and moved in with me right away. I was a stupid fool for allowing him to do that. But, we developed a very close relationship by internet and phone and he helped me through my dad's death and other problems going on in my life during this time. When he arrived he had received some back pay from a workmen's comp. settlement and bought me a lot of expensive things and spoiled me rotten to the core. Then his son moved in who is disabled and has severe emotional problems. His mom had kicked him out and his grandmother later put him on a plane and flew him here. Then after my two kids both moved back in after a year and a half he and his son moved out.

Little did I know that he had been talking to this other woman. He is not all that and has not worked since 2002 since his on the job accident which left him with a crushed ankle and double leg fracture to his left leg. He went through two more surgeries and started hanging with a doper to get pain killers. He began pulling away for months but never minded me coming around and he would come by my house a couple times a week. I just thought it was because of problems he was having with his ankle and leg and with money which he blows recklessly. Now he is trying to escape his bad friends and has this woman in love with him now. He spent two weeks Thanksgiving and is now spending the Christmas holidays and New Years with her. He is going to move in with this woman in PA at the end of January. He is taking his 18 year old son who dropped out of school at 16, does not drive, never worked in with woman who has a 14 yr. old and 19 yr old I assume live with her. He says he has been talking to her for three years and that they always loved each other but did not realize until after they met and started to miss each other.

What is the matter with him and why did he do this to me! He use to be such a wonderful person!
    dancingtwins Posts: 54, Reputation: 10

Dec 20, 2006, 09:57 AM
    Stay away from him. He is a user and loser! You are better off without him
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 20, 2006, 01:02 PM
    Seems you should be glad to be rid of this professional user.
    Blueberries Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 07:50 PM
    I am sorry this is happening to you. Be glad that he's out of your life..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 20, 2006, 07:58 PM
    There are large groups of men and women who meet live with, or live off, people and then merely move one, Even worst those that just date and meet and havve sex with as many women as they can.

Obvioiusly you were just a stop on his way, I am sorry but there are just men I call "dogs" that just do that.
    justjamestx Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Dec 21, 2006, 01:40 AM
    You ask why did he do this to you, the sad truth is because you allowed it. I am not saying its your fault by any means, but It appears you provided him a free ticket, and perhaps now he moved on for yet another free ticket.
    You stated that he use to be such a wonderful person, yet perhaps he was only acting. Or he "seemed" wonderful because he helped you in a time of need. I can only suggest that you learn from this mistake and move on. Seems to be lots of strange characters out there looking to take advantage an anyone that will allow it.

Good Luck and stay strong!!
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2006, 04:19 PM
    Despite all this, there is some good news here!

His relationship with this girl in the other state will either:
    a) not last
    b) last, but even if it does, she is NOT a good person.

She dated a guy who was cheating on his girlfriend?

Your ex boyfriend sounds like a jerk and I pity the poor girl who has fallen for this loser.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2006, 06:45 PM
    It sounds like he is something of a drifter. Being disabled and unable to work and living off the government, coupled with his disabled son who'll probably never be self-sufficient (and probably provides a source of government-income as well) sets him up for precisely this kind of lifestyle. Being addicted to pain killers, even if legal, doesn't help matters either. If it's any consolation to you.I doubt that this new relationship with this PA woman will last, either. This guy's no prize and never was. Find yourself a decent, upstanding man and be careful of people you "meet" on the internet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Other Woman [ 24 Answers ]

I have unfortunately been in an affair for over a year now. Everything was of course, always on his terms. He has recently decided (for reasons unknown to me) that he wants out of the affair. I knew it would eventually come to this, but I find myself left heartbroken and angry. I feel like...

Used? Being left? Help! [ 9 Answers ]

OK

My boyfriend said he notices good looking woman [ 13 Answers ]

I asked my boyfriend if he looks at other women and he replied "If there is a good looking woman walking on the street, I notice but that is it! Does this mean that he checks girls out or something else?

State to state garnishing [ 1 Answers ]

Can the North Carolina Dept. of Revenue legally seize property, garnish wages or bank accounts of a South Carolina resident? Also, all property, wages, and accounts are in South Carolina.

View more questions Search