Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FreZNL Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 07:36 AM
    Reconfiguring my router for the Nintendo Wii
    Hey guys, I have recently bought an Nintendo wii and I keep getting an error that it cannot connect.

After browsing a few help sites for the Wii I discovered that I have to switch my router into mixed (whatever that means)
    I have already tried to put 192.168.1.1 in my internet explorer, but he keeps giving a "page not found" error..

I have also looked on my router and modem to see if there were any switches on the device but none whatsoever..

So now I'm totally clueless on what to do about it, does anyone have a suggestion please?

Thanks in advance,

Sebastiaan Dirven (from the netherlands)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 18, 2006, 07:45 AM
    I had a similar problem with my wife's DS.
    What they mean by MIXED concerns the WiFi (wireless) settings.

You need to log onto your router from a connected PC and make sure the router is set up for receiving WiFi in both G & B standards.
    Once this is done you can then connect the Wii to the router and go fom there.

There a oad more information right Here
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 18, 2006, 07:55 AM
    Also be careful of the strap on the remote. If you haven't seen the new coverage several people have had the straps break and have the flying remotes cause damage lto people and things.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 18, 2006, 07:56 AM
    After a bit of digging I found Wii official Router Config Page

Dec 20, 2006, 04:25 PM
    Thanks loads for the input, I have been trying and digging around myself with calling the Nintendo Helpdesk, but they told me my router is not compatible to my wii :(:( that really sucks so I guess I'm stuck with buying an usb connector for the Nintendo Wi-fi :S

On the straps, Nintendo has the policy now that if the wrist-band breaks, you can send it to them and you will get a free new one:)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 20, 2006, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FreZNL
    on the straps, Nintendo has the policy now that if the wrist-band breaks, u can send it to them and u will get a free new one:)
    Yes that's true, but will they replaces the TV that you threw the remote through? Or pay your friend's medical bills when a thrown remote breaks their jaw?

Dec 21, 2006, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Yes that's true, but will they replaces the TV that you threw the remote through? Or pay your friend's medical bills when a thrown remote breaks their jaw?

Oh so true :) hihi

On the topic again.. bought a "WiFiMAX" today at the store, hoping it will workt today but I'm afraid this still won't work :( stupid thing, I installed the software on my computer, but it doesn't seem to want to connect to the wireless net we have set up here :S

Jan 7, 2007, 03:13 PM
    I found the solution, its about the MAC filters :) finally I got internet on my Wii :D:D all I had to do is reset my router, and set a MAC filter :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nintendo DS [ 1 Answers ]

DOES any one now about the game jump superstars on nintendo DS it's a HEAVY DS GAME:D but to me it seems only available in another country If anyone nows were to get this game in the uk please tell me I soooo want this game (want to see it for yourself check on Google "jump superstars"). ...

Router [ 3 Answers ]

How to setup a wireless router? Say I have about 10 pcs.

Clueless - Nintendo Help [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - My 8 year old daughter is asking for a Nintendo video game this year for X-Mas. I am absolutely clueless! She said she wants a Nintendo DS so she can play a Cheetah Girls video game. I looked at there is a Cheetah Girls game, but it says it is for Nintendo Advanced. And to further my...

Second shipment of Wii [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone if and when there will be another shipment of the Wii before christmas?

EBay Wii and PS3 [ 9 Answers ]

I couldn't help but notice that on eBay, Wiis and PS3s are selling like crazy, all of them selling for more than retail value. So my question is, is it legal to be selling a PS3 for $7000 and make so much of a profit of anothers work, or a legal selling of one persons possession to another?

View more questions Search