Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myrlaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2010, 10:45 AM
    How to watch dvd player hooked up to dish network
    What buttons do I push on my dish channel changer and my dvd player to watch a movie. We have watched dvd before we just have forgotten how to get it to do it again.
    Trandy Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Apr 25, 2010, 06:18 PM

That all depends on the way it is wired up. Usually it is just a different channel on the TV, or a different input... i.e... if your satellite is connected to the av1 input, and your dvd player is on the av2, or hdmi input on the back of the TV, then you depress the input button on the TV until you get to the right one, then press enter. If the satellite is running through the dvd player, however then it gets more complicated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 06:47 PM

DISH handheld remotes vary from model to model. Does your remote actually have a button that says PLAY, FF, STOP?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2010, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by myrlaw View Post
    What buttons do I push on my dish channel changer and my dvd player to watch a movie.?We have watched dvd before we just have forgotten how to get it to do it again.
    As mentioned by the other posters, this depends on how your equipment is set up.

The easiest way to find this out is to look behind everything and see how everything is connected. If everything is just using basic coax cable (http://www.w-l-t.org/Pix/Coax%20w-F%20connector.jpg) then it is likely that you just need to change your TV's channel (NOT the channel of the satellite box). If you see component or composite cables (http://www.gaijingames.com/wp-conten.../05/cables.jpg composite is labeled "bad" and component labeled "good") then you will need to change the input on the TV. This is most easily done on the TV. However it is possible that your satellite box's remote control's the TV inputs by repeatedly pushing a "TV INPUT" button or "TV" then "INPUT" or similar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Hook up a DVD Player to a TV that is hooked up to Dish Network. [ 3 Answers ]

How do you hook up a DVD Player to a television which is hooked up to Dish Network?

How do I hook up my dvd player and dish network to TV at the same time? [ 4 Answers ]

How do I hook up my dvd player and dish network to TV at the same time?

Dish Network box to my vhs/dvd player? [ 0 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to hook-up a vhs/dvd player to a Dish Network DVR box? I want to record directly off the TV to my own vhs tape. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Hooking up my dish network(DVR) to TV and DVD player [ 2 Answers ]

How do I hook up my plasma TV to my Dish Network DVR system and my DVD player? I have an HD receiver Thanks so much!

Dish network hookups to DVD HDD, TV, and DVD player [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Dish Network 301 Satellite box I want to hookup a Pioneer DVD-640H HDD, so I can record from my dish channels to my DVD and/or HDD, I have an older Panasonic TV that has connections: ANT 1, ANT 2, audio (re-white RCA type) and also S-Video input and RCA a/v (yellow-red-white) input. ...

View more questions Search