Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azaidan1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 03:10 PM
    How can I lose 15 to 20 pounds in a month and a half?
    I would like to lose 15 to 20 pounds by June 1st. I'll do whatever it takes, I just want to be skinny! I weigh 140lbs and desire to be 120lbs.
    Will running an 1 hour everyday help me reach my goal?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 19, 2010, 03:29 PM

1-2 pounds per week loss is normal and typical. Why the time frame? No, I don't think 1 hour of cardio daily will get you there. There is a matter of nutrition that is going to get you to your goal weight. Lots and lots of water and a proper diet will take you a long way.
    naturallyme Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Apr 23, 2010, 05:26 PM

Without eating right you won't lose any weight believe me I know.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2010, 05:36 PM
    Hi, azaidan1!

Many years ago, I lost about 20 pounds in a month-and-a-half. I did it by riding a bicycle a lot and eating nothing over four grams of fat per serving. Most of what I ate was also mostly Chinese styled food, like rice and vegetables. Very little meat.

However, I didn't feel very good after losing that much weight in so short a time.

I agree, why the time frame, please?

It's best to lose weight without it being forced and just let it happen over a more natural length of time.

I used to weigh close to 250 pounds. It took me a year-and-a-half to get down to my high school weight of 183 pounds. Basically the same regimen, but not so strict.

I felt much better with the gradually loss of weight, rather than it being forced off.

Thanks!
    Strength89 Posts: 72, Reputation: 24

May 4, 2010, 12:29 AM

Don't give yourself a time frame because when you do and you fail to reach your goal within the time frame, you'll beat yourself up about it.

Before I can give you a work out plan. Can you answer a few questions for me?

How often do you work out?

When was the last time you worked out (if you don't work out much)?

What physical activities do you take part in (sports, etc.)?

How's your eating habits?

Where, specifically, do you want to lose weight? For example, my weight problems sit in my stomach/abdominal area.

What is your goal? To only look skinny or to be physically fit and look skinny as a bonus?

What do you do for a living?

How busy is your schedule?

Health problems?

Answer these questions for me and I'll whip up a work out/diet plan for you. =)
    azaidan1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2010, 01:46 PM

I run everyday for 30 to 45 minutes.

Last time I worked out was yesterday during gym class and then I went for a run when I got home.

I don't take part in any physical activities at school. I just run everyday.

My eating habbits are not very good. I eat lots of sweets which is not very helpful if I want to lose weight. You can say that I am a yo-yo dieter.

I basically want to lose weight everywhere. (arms, thighs, stomach/abdominal area, love handles, etc... )

My goal is to be physically fit and look skinny as a bonus. I just want to weigh 120 lbs.

I am currently student in high school.

My schedule is a little busy because of school work and exams coming on the way.

I do not have any health problems! :)

Please get back to a.s.a.p, thank you! :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2010, 03:06 PM

I guess the question is not what you want, but if you should weigh 120, what is your height, build, and more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I lose 20 pounds a month with out diet pills [ 6 Answers ]

I've been dieting but I haven't lost a lot any one know how to lose weight in a safe manner?

How can I lose 20 pounds in a month? [ 8 Answers ]

I am female, age 17 and weigh 140lbs. I used to be 120lbs before and now all I can do is think about losing the weight! I can't sleep right anymore, it's all I think about. If I run twice a day on a speed of 9 on the threadmill for 30 min each time, will I be able to lose those 20 pounds? PLEASE...

Lose 50/60 pounds in 1 month? [ 7 Answers ]

:( Hello, my name is Noemi and unfortunately like many of us I have gained a huge amount of weight.. I am 6'00 ft tall and before I got married I use to weight 148 (I was super skinny and I loved it).. Those were the happy days for me-all of the cloths I would try on or wear fit beautifully.....

How do I lose 40 pounds in 1 month? [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to lose 40 pounds before the summer, but I want to lose the weight fast so I can start buying clothes now.Do anyone have a diet I can try?

View more questions Search