Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roxanazapartan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2010, 10:50 AM
    White spots on my goldfish tail?
    my lionhead goldfish appears to have some little white spots on his beautiful long tail.. i would appreciate if you could tell me what should i do, in case this is a problem. thanks a lot!
    wayne_o Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2010, 11:45 AM

Sounds like ICK.
    Go to the local pet shop and get something called Quick Cure or another similar product for parasites.

Typically caused by strees (small tank, too much light / activity, overcrowded or poor water quality). Ick is typical but does not "attack" fish until they become stressed or malnourished. Very common for goldfish purchased from big box pet stores.

While at the pet store pick up aquarium salt and put in a tablespoon for every 5 gallons of water. Goldfish benefit from a saltier water and ICK does not thrive in water with any level of salt present.

Apr 22, 2010, 11:53 AM
    Thanks a lot. I now observerd that maybe it't tail is somehow degrading a little bit, and it has some kind of redness on the artery of the fins. Does it have any relevance?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 11:55 AM
    Hi, roxanazapartan!

Your sort of question has also been addressed a number of times on this site. If you look for links to other, similar questions on this page, either at one of the sides or the bottom, you'll find the threads. You might want to also click on them to see what additional information is available.

Thanks!

Apr 22, 2010, 12:11 PM
    Actually, maybe I should say that I have two goldfishes. One lionheaded and one silver, much smaller than the other one. The little one doesn't seem to have any symptoms, only that he is keeping compay to the big one, on the bottom of the tank (which I had also observed as something wrong, they are usually very active fish)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Medications for black spots in goldfish [ 1 Answers ]

Name of the medicine for black spots

Goldfish white growth [ 3 Answers ]

Thank you for making yourself available to us, I appreciate your time and expertise. Attached is an email of my problem goldfish. He is 7yrs old and shares his tank w/ 3 other goldfish which are unaffected. As you can see, he has two growth patches on his skin, one just below his dorsal fin and...

White spot disease in goldfish [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I purchased a three litre Bi-orb fish tank about three weeks ago and having let the tank run for three days I added two fantail goldfish (one black moor and a normal orange one). Both seemed fine for a week or so and then the black moor got lethargic and died. I tested the water at my local...

Goldfish and black spots! [ 6 Answers ]

What would make a goldfish get black spots? It had one spot when I got it, but now it had more.

Goldfish with black spots om it. What is wrong with it? [ 4 Answers ]

My school owns 2 gold fish and both of them have black spots all over them. One has tail rot (I just found out today) and now they have balck spots. We bought them on valen tines day... any suggestio9ns on what is wrong with them.:confused: :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search