Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Mar 17, 2010, 07:57 AM

imgorgeous, Do you have a link to that study, please.
    partygod Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2010, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dessaml View Post

PROS:

CONS:

2.the lightening you get from mequinol is kinda this ashen pale, kinda like you've been left out in the cold too long, as opposed to looking naturally mixed race.
    BE CAREFUL
    Hello, dessaml! When you say ashen pale... do you mean like this?

Apr 14, 2010, 07:18 AM

I personally LOVE THIS SKIN TONE ABOVE!! DO YOU THINK

Mequino l& Tretenoin would work for me? I'm getting the Mequinol form goldpharm (10%) and the Tretenoin from alldaychemist(.1%)... I'm currently I'm a lee Thompson young skin tone:

I want to get to a Rihanna skin tone:

I wouldn't mind getting much lighter like super pale as well... do you think that Mequinol & Tretenoin can help??
    sara_uk Posts: 245, Reputation: 26

Apr 14, 2010, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    imgorgeous, Do you have a link to that study, please.?
    Know you asked imgorgeous but I hope that helps, most studies is on the lower concentrations of monomethyl ether of Hydroquinone but in higher strength it is another alternative to mono It works in the same way, in the link below page 402 it talks about the confetti like hypopigmentation similar to the one produced by mono. The systemic effect producing effect at distant site.
    Textbook of cosmetic dermatology - Google Books
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Apr 14, 2010, 11:57 PM

Thank you for providing a link. Will read it when I get a chance. Thanks!

Apr 15, 2010, 04:00 AM

Can someone please answer my question?
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Apr 15, 2010, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by partygod View Post
    can someone please answer my question?
    The member called dessalm never comes on the board these days. She is the only one who has tried mequinol on the long run.So she is the only one who can answer but I'm using mequinol and I can say that if you are searching for something that works very fast this isn't the way to go it's working but it works slowly.
    So you won't get to rihanna's complexion very quick with mequinol.
    Hope this helps!:)

Apr 15, 2010, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyjane View Post
    The member called dessalm never comes on the board these days. She is the only one who has tried mequinol on the long run.So she is the only one who can answer but i'm using mequinol and i can say that if you are searching for something that works very fast this isn't the way to go it's working but it works slowly.
    So you won't get to rihanna's complexion very quick with mequinol.
    Hope this helps!:)
    Thank you mistyjane! Yes it may work slowly but its consistent! And that's a big thing were skin lightening is concerned.. I don't want to attain a two shade difference QUICKLY and find out that I can't go any further... I want to get very light!! I liked michael jackson's skin tone! But I would be sitisfied with rihanna(and even lighter)! First of all a lot of things contribute to your pace and when you are able to view results.
    Take these questions into concideration... and I'd be happy if you answered them please;

1) what's the percentage of Mequinol in your cream or regimen? 2%, 10% or 20%? Or more?
    2) How many times a day do you apply the cream?
    3) Have you incorperated retin A into your skin care regimen? I've read that's its great in assisting Mequinaol and great for skin development and skin beautification on a whole!

Apr 16, 2010, 03:42 AM
    thank you mistyjane! yes it may work slowly but its consistent! and thats a big thing were skin lightening is concerned..I dont want to attain a two shade difference QUICKLY and find out that I can't go any further.....I want to get very light!!! I liked michael jackson's skin tone! but I would be sitisfied with rihanna(and even lighter)! first of all alot of things contribute to your pace and when you are able to view results.
    take these questions into concideration...and I'd be happy if you answered them please;

1) what's the percentage of Mequinol in your cream or regimen? 2%, 10% or 20%? or more?
    2) How many times a day do you apply the cream?
    3) Have you incorperated retin A into your skin care regimen? I've read thats its great in assisting Mequinaol and great for skin development and skin beautification on a whole!
    Hi Partygod!
    I'm glad to see my answer helped a little.
    1)i use 10%.I was planning to use something lower but this works for me.
    2)i apply the cream twice daily (but when I'm busy I use it only at night ).
    3)I always mix retin a in with it in my palm before applying the cream.

And it's been only like 2 and 1/2 weeks but my lips are 1/2 shade lighter and I'm very happy with this cause they never lighten with other creams I use.
    My complexion is smoother but I can't say that my face has really lightened yet which is fine cause it takes 28 days to have new skin cells.
    Yet I'm happy and will not use any other skin lightener besides this.:)
    PS: it is starting to burn a lot when I apply it.:eek:

Apr 16, 2010, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyjane View Post
    Hi Partygod!
    I'm glad to see my answer helped a little.
    1)i use 10%.I was planning to use something lower but this works for me.
    2)i apply the cream twice daily (but when i'm busy i use it only at night ).
    3)I always mix retin a in with it in my palm before applying the cream.

And it's been only like 2 and 1/2 weeks but my lips are 1/2 shade lighter and i'm very happy with this cause they never lighten with other creams i use.
    My complexion is smoother but i can't say that my face has really lightened yet which is fine cause it takes 28 days to have new skin cells.
    Yet i'm happy and will not use any other skin lightener besides this.:)
    PS: it is starting to burn a lot when i apply it.:eek:
    That's great mistyjane!! Thanks... and the best thing is that Mequinol is a great skin lighter/depigmentor and SO AFFORDABLE AT THE SAME TIME... I love that your lips are pink!. fair and flawless did that for me and I was absolutely over the moon about it!. I think though... as much at the retin A might be helpful in assisting your skin lightening efforts it might be a hindrance as well... I mean it helps the Mequinol penetrate through the hard and horny layer of the skin and all... but at the same time its just another layer between the skin and the mequinol! I could be very wrong!

A few more questions if you don't mind... you have no idea how much I appreciate this...

1) Do you apply 10% Mequinol to your entire body?
    2) how long would you say one 20gr tube of mequinol last?
    3) do you apply Retin A on your entire body as well or just your face?

We can both agree on this this is an excellent skin lightener! And it can make you very very pale... which is what I want!!

Thank you!!
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Apr 16, 2010, 05:43 PM

@ partygod - do you know anyone whom Mequinol has made extremely pale in the past ?

I don't ! Dessaml has seen lightening and that's great but I don't think it's that significant ?

Apr 16, 2010, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    @ partygod - do you know anyone whom Mequinol has made extremely pale in the past ?

I dont ! Dessaml has seen lightening and thats great but I dont think its that significant ?
    How long has Dessaml been using Mequinol?you have to be using that stuff for a very long time to get very pale. She's only been using it for 2.5 months.

It took Michael Jackson like a year plus to completely depigment. I've been using fair and flawless for a month and a half and I have seen a significant change in my skin tone at least 2 shades! If I continue I'm sure I'll get lighter... but I can't afford fair and flawless and the ingredients in the fair and flawless products cannot dipigment! Mequinol can make you very pale its documented as a DIPIGMENTING AGENT!! If you want to get extremely pale you have to use it for 6 months consistently and avoid sun exposure!

The people you're talking about... did they use it for six months consistently and avoid sun exposure??
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Apr 17, 2010, 04:28 AM

partygod - you may have a point. But when you say depig... you know there is a risk to patch up ? And since its slower than mono, you may be struggling with those patches for years before you depig completely ?

Apr 20, 2010, 04:09 AM
    That's great mistyjane!! Thanks... and the best thing is that Mequinol is a great skin lighter/depigmentor and SO AFFORDABLE AT THE SAME TIME... I love that your lips are pink!. fair and flawless did that for me and I was absolutely over the moon about it!. I think though... as much at the retin A might be helpful in assisting your skin lightening efforts it might be a hindrance as well... I mean it helps the Mequinol penetrate through the hard and horny layer of the skin and all... but at the same time its just another layer between the skin and the mequinol! I could be very wrong!

A few more questions if you don't mind... you have no idea how much I appreciate this...

1) Do you apply 10% Mequinol to your entire body?
    2) how long would you say one 20gr tube of mequinol last?
    3) do you apply Retin A on your entire body as well or just your face?

We can both agree on this this is an excellent skin lightener! And it can make you very very pale... which is what I want!!

Thank you!!
    1)No just on my face and my back cause I don't want to use it too much on a very large area since it goes in the blood.
    And my body is lighter than my face.
    2)i would say 1 month since I don't use it on the entire body.
    3)Inever put mequinol on my skin without mixing it with retin a.
    BUUUUUT
    we can both agree on this this is an excellent skin lightener! And it can make you very very pale... which is what I want!!
    I'm not sure it is that excellent yet.
    And I don't know if it will make me very pale which isn't what I want cause I don't think it will suit my features.
    I can just say that it is slowly working and that I'm happy with it.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How Many Shades Lighter Do You Want To Lighten Your Skin? [ 35 Answers ]

And what are you using to achieve this?

How Many Shades Are You Trying To Lighten Your Skin? [ 3 Answers ]

And what are you using to achieve this?

Your skin lightening regime [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, guys! What is your current skin lightening regime? And what results do you want to achieve? What do you cleanse, treat and moisturise with? Whatever it is, post it to let us all know! ;) I am currently trying to achieve even toned skin. My current skin lightening regime:

Skin has lightened due to microdermabrasion [ 1 Answers ]

I am a medium dark skin african american woman. I have acne scars on my face and back, I have used skin lightener on the spots on my back and microdermabrasion on my face along with clearisil & noxema. Now my face is two shades lighter then my arms arms and legs. Will my color in my face get...

View more questions Search