Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azaidan1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2010, 03:46 PM
    How can I lose 20 pounds in a month?
    I am female, age 17 and weigh 140lbs. I used to be 120lbs before and now all I can do is think about losing the weight! I can't sleep right anymore, it's all I think about. If I run twice a day on a speed of 9 on the threadmill for 30 min each time, will I be able to lose those 20 pounds? PLEASE HELP!! :(
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2010, 03:36 PM

Stop fixating on the weight. It's a number on the scales that measures how much gravity is being exerted on your body. It doesn't say how fit or healthy you are, how hard you can hit a ball, or how you look in a pair of jeans.

By all means, clean up your diet (cut out junk food, sugar and white carbs, eat quality protein, health fat and lots of green vegetables) and get plenty of exercise, but do it so you'll feel good and look good in those jeans.

If you had no scales to weigh yourself, how important would this be to you?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 19, 2010, 03:51 PM

Losing 20 ponds in a month is a very unhealthy and stupid thing to do.
    Change your diet. Eat healthy, stay away from junk food and soda and have a regular exercise regimen. You'll begin to feel better in no time.
    Also stay off the scale. Go by the way you feel and how your clothes fit.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Apr 19, 2010, 04:04 PM

The only way to lose 20 pounds in a month is to cut off a limb. Are you willing to cut off your leg just to weigh less?

Now, if you want to lose it HEALTHILY, then all you have to do is watch your diet and exercise. It'll probably take a few months. Most people only lose 1-3 pounds a week, which is healthy.

How tall are you? Height has a LOT to do with how the weight sits on your body. I weigh around 140, and people are generally surprised when they find out because I'm fairly tall. My sister is 5 inches shorter than me, so 140 pounds looks like more on her.

Apr 19, 2010, 06:14 PM

I'm 5'5 or 5'6
    Experts

Apr 19, 2010, 06:25 PM

Then you're only an inch or two shorter than me. That's not heavy at all. I was thinking you were closer to 5'-5'2". 140 pounds on a 5'5"-5'6" frame isn't bad at all.

Apr 19, 2010, 06:35 PM

I know but I really am hoping to shed a few pounds in the next month or two, do you happen to know what I might be able to do?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 01:08 AM

Shedding a few pounds is all about diet, and looking good at your new weight is about exercise. Forget 20lb, you don't need to lose that much.

Seriously, you are at the age where you naturally will gain some weight to stay at your right weight. Look at your body as it is, not as you think it should be.
    Experts

Apr 20, 2010, 01:37 AM

Watch your portions. Avoid fast food. Limit sweets intake. Avoid diet soda at all costs (the chemical that makes it 'diet' actually causes your body to store fat).

Walk to places that are nearby instead of driving. Ride a bike if you have one. Just get out and spend some time each day in moderate exercise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I lose 20 pounds a month with out diet pills [ 6 Answers ]

I've been dieting but I haven't lost a lot any one know how to lose weight in a safe manner?

Lose 50/60 pounds in 1 month? [ 7 Answers ]

:( Hello, my name is Noemi and unfortunately like many of us I have gained a huge amount of weight.. I am 6'00 ft tall and before I got married I use to weight 148 (I was super skinny and I loved it).. Those were the happy days for me-all of the cloths I would try on or wear fit beautifully.....

How do I lose 40 pounds in 1 month? [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to lose 40 pounds before the summer, but I want to lose the weight fast so I can start buying clothes now.Do anyone have a diet I can try?

How many pounds do I need to lose to lose 1.5 cm or .6 inches to my waist? [ 1 Answers ]

If it helps I'm 5 feet 10 inches, 141 pounds, my waistline is 32 inches, and my bodyfat percentage is 16%.

View more questions Search