Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brianklewis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2010, 01:19 PM
    My central air unit fan isn't turning. It make a weird noise then stopped.
    I had my ac turned on and it was working fine, all of sudden started to get warm in house and checked ac unit outside making loud humming noise and fan was not turning. Can just the fan go bad and if so can it be replaced without replacing the whole unit
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2010, 02:29 PM

Check the start compasitor in the outdoor unit. It may be all that needs replace. Better $7 then $107 for a new motor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is the fan on my central air outside unit not turning and making a clicking sound [ 2 Answers ]

I have central heating/air and the fan on the out side unit has stopped turning and is making a clicking noise. The heat on the inside of the house is still working, so it is a two part question. What is causing it to not turn and make the clicking sound? And What damage will it cause if I can not...

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no he [ 3 Answers ]

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no heat. Really cold today

Central air unit fan not turning on [ 1 Answers ]

I had my ac turned on and it was working fine, all of sudden started to get warm in house and checked ac unit outside making loud humming noise and fan was not turning. But inside the ac will turn on from the thermostat. If anyone could help I would appreciate it. Thanks

Fan on the outside central air unit [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, can anyone tell me if it is the capacitor I need to replace since the fan on the outside central air unit will not kick on by itself, but it will come on if you start it by hand? And if so how do I go about doing that?

Central air unit fan not turning when unit on [ 3 Answers ]

Recently our central air unit stop producing cool air and noticed our fan was not turning outside, and was making a loud humming noise, can this fan be replaced without replacing the entire unit :confused:

View more questions Search