Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saracade Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2010, 02:37 AM
    Why are toothpaste used in everyday life?
    This question is under the topic of applications of acids and bases. I need a full and thorough explanation but I can't actually think of one. :confused: HELP!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 29, 2010, 03:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by saracade View Post
    this question is under the topic of applications of acids and bases. i need a full and thorough explanation but i can't actually think of one. :confused: HELP!
    To keep our teeth clean :rolleyes:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 29, 2010, 04:12 AM

Please review the guidelines on asking for help with homework that can be found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/arts-l...board-b-u.html
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2010, 10:53 PM

The pH of toothpaste is usually between 8 and 9. Plaque produces acids that wear away at our enamel and dentine. Toothpaste neutralizes acids in our mouth, and stays at a relatively high pH as not to do further harm to our teeth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can newton's 3 laws of motion be applied to everyday life [ 2 Answers ]

Can you provide me with at least one use in our daily life for each of Newtons 3 laws?

The best toothpaste? [ 8 Answers ]

What toothpaste do you believe makes your teeth the whitest/brightest. I currently use Colgate but I am not sure if I should change to a different brand.

Low Self Esteem Now Affecting Everyday Life [ 24 Answers ]

I have really low self-esteem. It's been with me since childhood/teenlife. However, it's seems as though it's gotten worse and worse. Every minute I remember all the things that I feel is wrong with me. It's mostly my physcial self that I really hate. It's actually affected my marriage in the...

Anxiety attacks are effecting everyday life [ 3 Answers ]

Everyday I'm having anxiety attacks. Always worrying if my heart is beating right, by checking my pulse so many times a day. Feeling like I'm breathing weird. I wake up in the middle of the night and I feel like my heart is beating fast. So now I'm scared to go to sleep. I'm obsessed with the fact...

View more questions Search