Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leon Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 11:41 AM
    AOL e mail attachments
    Is it possible for AOL members to send e mail forwards in the main body and not as attachments? I;m afraid to open any attachment for fear of a virus, even if I know the sender.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 14, 2006, 01:11 PM
    When an AOLer forwards an e-mail, the text of the message is placed in the body of the forwarded note but only after sending. If the note has a lot of HTML in it, the HTML may be stripped out and put in an attachment.

If you have a good virus scanner, know the sender and know they sent you something you shouldn't be concerned.
    Leon Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 09:32 AM
    I think AOL members can't send forwards(like forwarding jokes) except as attachments. I have told them that I do not open any attachments. Do they have a virus scanner that automatically checks before sending. I really don't know what HTML is.

I know that some virus will get into address books without the owner's knowledge.

So, I don't know if my question is answered or not.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 15, 2006, 09:38 AM
    AOLers can copy and paste what they want to forward into a new note to avoid the attachment issue. HTML is what WEB pages are created with. And yes AOL has a virus scanner that would not allow infected files to be attached.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

E-mail attachments [ 1 Answers ]

I am a computer novice. Could someone tell me how to scan then e-mail that scan.

AOL and Yahoo to charge for e-mail service [ 6 Answers ]

Interesting to note,that to try and stop spammers,AOL,and Yahoo,are going to charge a very tiny fee (1 cent),to deliver email that does not go through spam filters: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4684942.stm Am I missing something here? Both companies say that delivered email...

Attachments [ 2 Answers ]

How do you include an attachment to your question? :mad:

Opening e.mail attachments using outlook express [ 3 Answers ]

I am running Oulook Express with Home Windows XP I find that I am unable to open some if not all of received message attachments. A warning notice appears to tell me that they may be unsafe. Someone kindly suggested that by selecting FORWARD in the toolbar this problem is overcome. Sadly...

View more questions Search