Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daminion Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2010, 07:30 AM
    Whole body skin lightening without using hydroquinone or other strong chemicals.
    About two years ago I started using Palmers skin success cream on my face as a way to get rid of acne and clear up my face in general. What I didn't know was that it can actually make your face lighter if used too much. I found out too late and since I have been using Palmers Skin Success products as a way to lighten my whole body and give it an even tone. It worked for awhile, then I stopped using it because I didn't want to get too light. Since I've stopped using it my skin is a strange brownish color.

Actually in the sun or under bright lights my skin looks a light brown color and looks very healthy, however during the winter and when there is not much light it has a strange brownish color to it. Im tired of using hydroquinone based products as I want to be able to go out in the sun and not worry about my skin turning an old off brownish color.
    So, my question is any of you know of a way to lighten skin without using hydroquinone or other chemicals. I would like to have the skin tone of Nelly(man)

http://991.com/newGallery/Nelly-Party-People-431533.jpg
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Mar 16, 2010, 02:50 PM

Get off the delusion!

Palmers may be a big brand, but there are many of its line of products that have steroids in them to help lighten skin. Besides steroids do get rid of some stretch marks.

Who told you Palmers contains no harsh chemicals?

If you want to lighten wihtout chemicals,

!) Get a night job. Forget letting the sun even touch you ever!
    2) Apply retin a while on work at night.
    3) Drink loads of milk and carrot and beetroot juice in this time.

You will lighten in about a year. Promise! I lightened several shades when I worked in a night job call center and this was something that did the job for me. I wasn't even intending to get lighter then but didn't realise that my lack of going out in the daytime ( unlike other friends I never could deprive myself of sleep and wakeup in the morning) and I did.

NOTE: You have to use a lightening agent to significantly lighten in this period. Otherwise everyone working at nights would be stark white lol
    Danielle1814 Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Mar 16, 2010, 03:40 PM

Great thread... I was wondering how I could achieve whole body lightening. I'm looking for something that will work faster than a year though.
    Daminion Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2010, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    Get off the delusion!

Palmers may be a big brand, but there are many of its line of products that have steroids in them to help lighten skin. Besides steroids do get rid of some stretch marks.

Who told you Palmers contains no harsh chemicals?

If you want to lighten wihtout chemicals,

!) Get a night job. Forget letting the sun even touch you ever!
    2) Apply retin a while on work at night.
    3) Drink loads of milk and carrot and beetroot juice in this time.

You will lighten in about a year. Promise! I lightened several shades when i worked in a night job call center and this was something that did the job for me. I wasnt even intending to get lighter then but didnt realise that my lack of going out in the daytime ( unlike other friends I never could deprive myself of sleep and wakeup in the morning) and i did.

NOTE: You have to use a lightening agent to significantly lighten in this period. Otherwise everyone working at nights would be stark white lol
    What I said is that I'm looking for a skin lightening product that doesn't have hydroquinone and Palmers does have it(when its sold in the US)..
    When I said other harsh chemicals I was referring to monobenzone or that other one that starts with a B.. beno something of that sort..

I'm no longer living where ill be able to stay out of the sun as much as I want, so working at night is not an option..

The question was if there is anyway effective skin lightening methods without chemicals that change colors when hit by the sun like hydroquinone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lightening With Hydroquinone.permenant [ 26 Answers ]

I've been reading post on this board for some time now, so I thought it was time for me to start posting too, lol. Now a little about my self: I'm 20, of nigerian decent (both my parents are nigerian), according to that skin chart I'm about "red tone 9", and I was born and raised on the east...

Is phot grade hydroquinone powder the same as the skin lightening powder? [ 7 Answers ]

Is hydroquinone powder that is used for skin lightening the same kind used for photo development?. because if so there is a seller on eBay selling it by the pound for SUPER CHEAP! $17 and... 250 grams for $10 or so... and $7 shipping... I wanted to buy some but before I do and then it is the wrong...

Strong lightening cream for leggs [ 25 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've been using different skin lightening cream for my body, but my legs neva seems to lighten. I have tried everything but nofing works, my upper body is 4 shades lighter then my leggs. Its really bugging me, because of this I can't show my legs. I was tempted to buy lightening...

Natural skin lightening creams?- alternatives to hydroquinone [ 8 Answers ]

I am using palmer's fade cream at the moment, but I wanted to swich over to something without hydroquinone. Do you know of any skin lightening creams that are effective without the use of hydroquinone and natural?

View more questions Search