Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmenc1965 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 09:40 PM
    Maple/ chase thermostat
    I let the batteries run low on my thermostat. I just replaced them but the display still reads "lo bat" and the heat does not kick on. I checked the fuse and it is still intact. Please help!!
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2006, 05:55 AM
    Pull the cover off and push the reset button, it is a bit difficult to find but should be marked "reset"
    MomO2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat
    Pull the cover off and push the reset button, it is a bit difficult to find but should be marked "reset"

I just wanted to say thank you so much for answering the original posters question, because it helped ME this morning! I was so frustrated as I had the exact thing happen to me late last night that happened to him/her. I was panicing as my husband is currently serving in Iraq and I had no idea how to fix the thing - and we are currently having 110+ degree heat right now! Ahhh!! Waiting a few more months until he returns home wasn't going to be an option. So I immediately got online this morning to see if I can find something that might help and I immediately came across this board/this question!

I quickly found the tiny reset button (even though it didn't really look like a button.. lol) and bingo it immediately worked!

So anyway, just wanted to take a moment and tell you thank you... I won't be roasting my butt off today in the high desert! :p
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Thanks, it is customary on this site to click on the "Rate this Answer" button below the answer if you are happy or satisfied. This makes it better known to new comers if the answers are accurate.
    Canetide Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MomO2
    I just wanted to say thank you so much for answering the original posters question, because it helped ME this morning!! I was so frustrated as I had the exact thing happen to me late last night that happened to him/her. I was panicing as my husband is currently serving in Iraq and I had no idea how to fix the thing - and we are currently having 110+ degree heat right now! Ahhh!!! Waiting a few more months til he returns home wasn't going to be an option. So I immediatly got online this morning to see if I can find something that might help and I immediatly came across this board/this question!!

I quickly found the tiny reset button (even though it didnt really look like a button.. lol) and bingo it immediatly worked!!

So anyway, just wanted to take a moment and tell you thank you.... I won't be roasting my butt off today in the high desert! :p
    I just had the same problem, GOOGLED the website and found this answer... I'd just like to add that - on my thermostat - the RESET is on the lower left bottom and is a square with a tiny circle in the middle... the tiny circle is the button to push. Thanks for being there!:)
    lefty1879 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Comment on Canetide's post
    I had same problem. Answer about location of reset button (which is completely unlabeled) was exactly correct. Many thanks for the help.
    cellonancy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 02:01 AM
    I had this exact problem. My reset button was not labeled, either. It sure helped to know to look for it! Problem solved.
    junzhang69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 07:30 PM
    I got a big help with the same problem. Thanks!
    TheZoo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 07:08 AM

I also wanted to share my success with this answer. Thank you.
    I will "rate" this answer just as soon as I figure out how!
    TheZoo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZoo View Post
    I also wanted to share my success with this answer. Thank you.
    I will "rate" this answer just as soon as I figure out how!
    Well, I guess I can't rate the original answer but if I could it would be a "10," or whatever the highest rating is. Thanks again.
    CJC58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2009, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Canetide View Post
    I just had the same problem, GOOGLED the website and found this answer...I'd just like to add that - on my thermostat - the RESET is on the lower left bottom and is a square with a tiny circle in the middle...the tiny circle is the button to push. Thanks for being there!:)

Thanks for the info. I had the same problem, but couldn't find the button.
    bpcarlson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2010, 03:15 AM
    Awesome answer! I came to the internet to find a replacement thermostat (this one is 15 years old!) and here was the perfect answer! Thanks so much.
    Kellamy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 11:35 PM
    Amazing! I, too, had the very same problem and didn't have a clue how to fix it. Northern Heat, you're a lifesaver!!
    VNC186 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2012, 08:01 PM
    I can get the heat fan working in the house, the furnace is working off and on but no heat fan is blowing in the house.. how do I get this working?. Thank you
    VNC186 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2012, 08:03 PM
    I can't get the heat fan working in the house, the furnace is working off and on but no heat fan is blowing in the house.. how do I get this working?. Thank you
    noreenb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Thank you, thank you. The reset button worked!!
    superken40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2013, 01:21 PM
    I followed this thread and would like to add a little additional information. I have a Maple Chase programmable T-Stat (part # 09610) controlling my geothermal system. Been in use for about 12 years. Occasional problem with either a blank screen or "lo batt" message. Both of course stop the system. Early on discovered the problem when batteries checked out okay or new batt didn't correct problem. The batteries are housed end to end in a slot at bottom of stat. and are connected by a metal strip to the stat's circuit board. There is no spring to insure that the last batt makes good contact with that metal strip.
    To insure better contact, I wedged a piece of cardboard BEHIND the metal strip (not between the strip & batt) A small piece cut from the back of a tablet works fine,On a couple of occasions, I've removed the batt and carefully cleaned the metal strip (pencil eraser and alcohol), replaced the batts and wedge and it works fine for some time. Probably replace it with something without this design flaw one of these days.
    NoProblemo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2013, 08:20 AM
    Good answer.
    My model (Maple Chase) has a tiny, tiny black reset button on the left of the circuit board (not marked) about the size of this "O".

Get in the habit of saving every manual that applies to appliances/tools you purchase and any remodeling that you do, that has a manual with it. Like dishwashers, refrigerators, garage door openers and house thermostats.

Car maintenance - have a folder for every repair and maintenance. So when your tires wear out at 12,000 miles you have the receipt for it, in case your car repair garage doesn't.

Send your son to "technical" school or have your daughter marry a "tech" savvy guy. Then you can just call them and have them fix it !

Have a nice problem free day :)
    NoProblemo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2013, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NoProblemo View Post
    Good answer.
    My model (Maple Chase) has a tiny, tiny black reset button on the left of the circuit board (not marked) about the size of this "O".

Get in the habit of saving every manual that applies to appliances/tools you purchase and any remodeling that you do, that has a manual with it. Like dishwashers, refrigerators, garage door openers and house thermostats.

Car maintenance - have a folder for every repair and maintenance. so when your tires wear out at 12,000 miles you have the receipt for it, in case your car repair garage doesn't.

Send your son to "technical" school or have your daughter marry a "tech" savvy guy. Then you can just call them and have them fix it !

Have a nice problem free day :)
    Ohhh, and then give the manuals to your wife because you will probably forget where you put them or lose them :)
    pippincat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2013, 07:46 PM
    I want to add my sincere thanks to the original poster of the solution and all the helpful suggestions. I am elderly and didn't know what I was going to do. I had already scheduled a service call with an air conditioning company to come out on a Sunday and charge me quite a lot of money. Pushing the reset button (which is not labeled) did the trick. I canceled my service call.

I cannot express my gratitude for this. On a fixed income any savings is a blessing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maple Chase Thermostat Question [ 13 Answers ]

This thermostat is at least 10-11 years old I believe. At one point it had a temperature differential of either 2 or 3 degrees. Somewhere along the line it started working with a one degree differential. I have no manual for this and the instructions in the lid don’t say how to change it. Anyone...

Maple Tree ? [ 3 Answers ]

There is a red and a yellow maple tree? They are green all summer. The red one has bright red leaves in the fall and the yellow one is bright yellow in the fall. In the spring they have buds all over the tree the red is bright red buds and the yellow is bright yellow buds! I don't know the correct...

Maple tree [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am removing maple tree and I want to plant Dogwood close to that area. How can I remove maple tree roots to plant Dogwood? Thank you Paul

Chase utley [ 1 Answers ]

How much is a chase utley 2006 fleer ultra rising stars with number urs5

Maple trees: [ 2 Answers ]

We live in OK. And just recently moved and the home we bought has maple trees, variety I am unsure of. This whole housing addition is full of maple trees. Our problem is we are elderly and thought when we left the oak trees behind we would not be cleaning gutters & raking the yard constantly. My...

View more questions Search