Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikect05 Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 04:01 PM
    Do I need to upgrade my 3" main drain to 4"?
    Hi,
    I am putting in a new bathroom and am wondering if my 3" main drain can handle the extra fixtures
    Before the bathroom this is everything that drains to main....
    -Toilet
    -Lav
    -Bathtub/Shower
    -kitchen Sink
    -Dishwasher
    -Washmachine
    -Laundry Sink

What I will be adding
    -Toilet
    -Shower
    -Lav

I just hate to put it all in and find out later I should have put in a 4" pipe, it still will be a pain in the a$$ because I have cut studs along the wall to accommodate the 3", but still better to ask this question now before walls are finished.
    Thx!
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Mar 7, 2010, 07:25 PM

You can add your toilet and lav / shower, as planned. As far as size is concerned 3'' can cary the added fixtures. But check with your local building codes to make sure that this is allowed. Goodluck ---Zeke---

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fix "could not find main class" error message. [ 1 Answers ]

When I install oracle application,I got this error message, then I install JVM,it only upgraded previous version on my system.I reinstalled and all I could get is the same error message. How do I fix it?

Removing 1 1/4" Copper Drain Pipe From Main 4" Drain [ 1 Answers ]

I discovered a big hole behind the drywall in my copper drain line about 3/4' from the main 4" Drain... I need to disconnect the fitting... which direction is the thread... it is in there really tight and is difficult to loosen.

Wiring "in duct" fans to main blower circuit ? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I have a self contained heating/air unit mounted outside the house. Everything runs fine but was getting hot and cold spots inside. Mounted two in duct fans to"push" the air to all registers evenly. I want to wire it to the unit blower so they all come on at the same time. At the unit...

Periodic "gushing" noise in main water line [ 1 Answers ]

In my basement, the main water line comes in through one of the basement walls. I don't think I've heard this before, but periodically, I hear water rushing noises coming from the line. When I go down to the basement, it's like water is rushing in, stopping, then rushing in, etc... Could be...

View more questions Search