Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bfrancisco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2006, 01:13 PM
    Liquor license
    Not sure where I should ask this. If I have a club or some private paid for membership organization, do I need a liquor license to give away beer or alcohol. Or any kind of special permit? What if I didn't provide the alcohol, but allowed it to be brought in BYOB style? Thank you in advance for any advice or help.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2006, 01:48 PM
    Where do you live as this will determine the answer to your question.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2006, 01:57 PM
    Where
    I will agree, laws vary from country to country, if in the US it will vary from state to state and then from county to county within some states and even some cities will have specific laws.

For example, here in wonderful White County TN, we are a "dry" county, you can not buy most hard drink here in bottle or by the drink, and no establishment can serve drinks. Beer and low content wine is allowed ( walmart lobbied for that and got that passed)

Now you can drive 20 miles across the county line and go to a bar.

If you are going to open any estabishment that serves or allows drinking, you need to see an attorney first, since you will also want to limit your personal liablity in case someone sues you, fines you, or other legal action against the business. Also normally you will need an attorney to work you though all the licence laws. In Atlatna for example, you will have to go to neighborhood planning meetings, where citizens and anti drinking people will drill you on why you need to open the business, this is just to get a business licence to open not counting the liquar licence
    bfrancisco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2006, 02:54 PM
    I'm in Wisconsin, USA. I don't want to open a bar really, more like a house party with a cover charge to recoup costs. I just want to make sure I can't get in trouble for charging people to get in. The major problem with parties is usually underage drinking, but I would be taking steps to ensure that wasn't occurring and without underage drinking occurring I want to know what the cops might use as an excuse to shut it down.
    Zipper Posts: 116, Reputation: 8

Feb 14, 2006, 03:57 PM
    I think your problem is going to be the "cover charge". The DA may well view this as running a business that serves liquor and therefore needs a licence.
    I'm sure your local town/city council can give you the basics on this. After which you need a lawyer.
    beckeyleamer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 11:54 AM
    If a store that you want to buy already has a liquar licence do we have to get a new one ?
    beckeyleamer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 11:58 AM

If a store that already has a liquar license will we have to buy another?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaker License [ 9 Answers ]

I need to find out information on "Breaker License" in the United Kingdom.

Piercing license [ 2 Answers ]

I live in El Cajon, CA I just was wandering how or where do I go to get a piercings license?

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

Getting license back? [ 22 Answers ]

My suspension is up for a first offense DUI. There was an accident, I had no insurance and was hit by another driver. There is no civil case, no court judgements, just letters from the other drivers insurance company wanting me to pay for her damages. The DOT received the same letter that I did...

Who sings the song "brown liquor in a dirty glass"? [ 2 Answers ]

Who sings the song "BROWN LIQUOR IN A DIRTY GLASS" ?

View more questions Search