Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lubriderm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 05:49 PM
    No hot water throughout my house
    I get no hot water from my faucets, bathtubs and showers, but I have cold water flow throughout the house. Could someone give me some advice on what to do?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2010, 07:27 PM

Are u getting any water from hot faucets?

Have u had any plumbing work done recently?

Is water heater working?

Chuck

Mar 3, 2010, 04:06 PM

1) no
    2) no
    3) yes
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2010, 05:13 PM

Have u checked the valves at the water heater?

If a gate valve was used and shut off handle is perpendicular to floor, gate may have broken and dropped. This would stop water from flowing.

Do u have a drain faucet on hot side(exit) of heater? If u do, get water out?

Chuck

Mar 4, 2010, 03:56 PM

I have checked all valve at the water heater and in the house no gate valve was used. I drain all water from the heater to put in new element in. I just find out the reset buttom doesn't work. Have to replace the reset buttom. And still no hot water.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2010, 07:33 PM

Moving u back to top by this post. Maybe someone else can help with this.

THe only thing that comes to me is that there is a valve that is shut.

Chuck
    brenda02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2011, 02:46 AM
    I hear water flowing in the kitchen but don't see any water
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 12, 2011, 05:32 AM

Brenda...

Are you on a concrete slab or is there a basement below you? If you are on a slab, then it's possible that there is a leak UNDER THE SLAB.

To double check this go to your water meter (if present) and check to see if the small red triangle (see image) is moving while all fixtures are shut off. If the red triangle moves then there is probably a leak under the slab... can call a plumber or a leak detection company in your area.

If there is no concrete slab, but a basement below then you need to check the exterior walls and outside the foundation... see if there is anything abvious. Again, check the meter for a moving red triangle... if moving something is up.

Back to you...

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure through the whole house even ater replacing water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I'm still experiencing low hot water pressure even after replacing the water heater. When you first turn on the faucets the pressure will be fine but within a few seconds it drops again.

The water in my house is hot except for my son's shower downstairs, the sink is hot [ 0 Answers ]

I have a two story house with a hot water issue. We have very hot water throughout the house except in my son's shower which is downstairs. His sink gets super hot, just not the shower.

Fixed no cold water in house, now no hot water in either shower. [ 4 Answers ]

Well I just recently moved into this house that is 5 years old. At first I didn't have cold water anywhere in the house. Then two days ago I didn't have water in any place of the house. The problem that I didn't have any water was the pressure switch at the well equipment was all rusted and...

Why is there no hot water in showers but rest of house has hot water? [ 2 Answers ]

Just moved into a new house. All the faucets have hot water but none of the showers have. Why is that?

Shut water main to house, what happens to hot water heater [ 7 Answers ]

I've seen similar questions but didn't see the exact answer I was looking for. I want to know what happens if I shut off the water to the house and Go on vacation and leave the hot water heater on and then a leak in A hot water faucet develops. Would the heater tank drain, overheat, and Cause...

View more questions Search