Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MICHELEORONA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 03:17 PM
    He says he's not in love with me but he doesn't want to give me up
    Ive been with my boyfriend for over 8 months and I am so in love with him but 2 days ago he says he's been having feelings that he doesn't want to be with me I kept asking him why because I couldn't understand it and he said he's not in love with me like he used to be but he still calls me and tells me he loves me but he doesn't know what he wants.I tried to stop talking to him but he kept calling me and saying he couldn't be without me which is confusing me. Should I keep talking to him nice hoping hell love me again or should I ignore him, but what if it pushes him away more?
    AmericanGirl01 Posts: 145, Reputation: 83

Mar 4, 2010, 03:31 PM

His feelings have changed, you know that, he's told you that. However, even though 8 months isn't a significant amount of time, it's definitely enough time to really care for someone.

I think a lot of the time, the thought of being alone is far worse than the idea of being with someone that you're not in love with anymore.

The breakup is still very fresh, right now all you want is for him to fall in love with you again. You need to give him space and try not to hold on to the fantasy that he'll come running back to you.

He was honest with you, I'm sure that wasn't easy for him to tell you those things.

He told you he doesn't want to be with you anymore, yet he keeps calling you and telling you he loves you. Tell him to man up and follow through with his words. He should have enough respect for you to not put you through this emotional rollercoastr.
    likkleanna Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 03:37 PM
    [COLOR]
    By the sounds of things you couldn't push him away as his already done that himself, its obvouis he needs to get his head AND heart clear on what he wants because it isn't him hurting its you aswel, he says he is not in love with you anymore and I know that's heart breaking and you love him but why waste anymore time on someone who doesn't want to love you back... I don't mean to sound harsh but part of you has to believe that but maybe you both could just remain friends some how, what I don't understand is if he does not love you as he says than what's with the phone calls is he just being nice or is it just all a game for him, I'm answering this question as if it was me in your shoes honestly I would ignore him and move on with my life as best as I could, worth much more than that, good luck! With whatever you decide anyway.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 04:31 PM

Ignore him, he is mixed up and I hope time straightens him out.

Talaniman Rule- Never let them break your heart TWICE! Didn't it hurt enough the first time?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 07:59 PM

When they don't know what they want,you ignore them and get on with your own life.

Stop taking his calls and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to adopt my wife's children, but the farther doesn't want to give up his right [ 17 Answers ]

I want to adopt my wife's children, but the kids farther does not want to give up his parental rights. He does nothing for them, he will only see them when its best for him. My wife put him on child support but he isn't even paying that. The state is giving her child support money for the kids not...

What do I do if a guy doesn't like me and I'm absoulutly in love with him [ 6 Answers ]

So I dated this guy at the begging of my high school year and I liked him A lot but he wouldent kiss me after a month so I thought he dident like me we still talked after and apparently he just dident want to mess things up cause he liked me a lot so you know that sucked but then his best friend...

I love him but he doesn't [ 3 Answers ]

:( hey everybody, i really need help im still in love with ex but he has this girlfriend he is so in love with and i really love him so wat should i do?????:confused:

They all tell me he's no good, but should I give him a chance? [ 2 Answers ]

Ive just come out of a relationship (2 weeks ago) and the guy I work with has taken an interest in me. He has a bit of a reputation for sleeping around in the past, but he's a very caring person from what I know of him so far. He said to me that he wanted to take things slowly because I've just...

Just found out I'm daddy, and the other guy won't give up custody, but doesn't love her [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, Our daughter is 15 months old, I just found out that I am her father. Since then me and mommy are togather raising our daughter. The guy she was with last she also has children with, when Kate was born I wasn't around and they were told they need a father, when she was knocked out from the...

View more questions Search