Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjtorino Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 08:04 PM
    What does criminal summons issued mean
    I got a ticket for no plates on my trailer and when I went to pay it online it said there was a criminal summons issued Will I go to jail if I get pulled over now
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 28, 2010, 08:06 PM

Did you miss some kind of court date or time limit to correct the problem? If so a warrant would have been issued if you were a no show.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2010, 08:15 PM

Some "tickets" can not just be paid but require that you appear, But agree, did you not pay it on time, and if not paid, did you fail to appear on the date on the ticket

Feb 28, 2010, 08:29 PM

The tickets is a few months old it was for my atv trailer without plates in a state park. Is the criminal summons the same as a warrant
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 28, 2010, 08:35 PM

Yes. It is stating that there are charges against you and your wanted. Was it an actual state park or was it a federal park under state and federal control?

Feb 28, 2010, 08:38 PM

It is a state park st joes in mo. I was thanking that the criminal summons was another court date that I would get in person or in the mail
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 28, 2010, 08:42 PM

You should have received something already. Usually your given time like 2 or 3 weeks to correct a problem or you show up in court and explain why. When you don't show then that's when they issue a warrant for your arrest. You need to examine the original ticket to see what is going on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoplifting - when will a Criminal Court summons arrive? [ 5 Answers ]

I was caught shoplifting a little over 3 weeks ago at The Bay (in Ontario, Canada). I was released on their "Shop Theft" program, because I had no prior criminal record (meaning the police didn't have to come to the store, the Loss Prevention agent just had to take my ID and value of the attempted...

Summons issued by J.are.S.-I.Inc, in the state of Ilinois [ 1 Answers ]

I was issued a Summons at 6AM to appear in court on April 14th in the state of Illinois. For a balance of $1844.93. I had a credit card that was issued with a Orchard Bank about 4 years ago. The balance at the time on March of 2005 was $335.02. I had stopped making payments at this time due to...

Homeowners Association issued Summons should I just pay? [ 5 Answers ]

I received a summons from the Homeowner's Association for back dues (partial 2006 and for 2007). I was underemployed for most of 2007 and just didn't have the money, I still don't. I will have to skip a mortgage payment to pay them. Since I know that I do owe at least most of the amount...

Criminal Summons Canada [ 5 Answers ]

If I was given a letter that states that a criminal summons will be obtained by the Police what does that mean? The police were not called at the time of the incident. I was given this from the security guard at the store? Does that mean I WILL be chared by the Police? Any help would be great!

Just issued a court summons for tues [ 11 Answers ]

My roommate called and a court summons was sent to our building but to the neighbors postal box, the neighbor brought it over and I am to appear on tues in court in regards to a debt with a credit card. I looked online and saw the case history and even though they have my address and work number...

View more questions Search