Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kymtrow69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 09:40 AM
    I am in desperate need of rental assistance in portage, In
    I caanot pay my rent this month. I have had a tough time the last couple months, but I found organizations that were able to help. My lalndlord will not except late rent this month, I have paid on time for two years because I always worked, however I got laid off and am having a very hard time. I have two interviews today, however even if I get the job, or jobs I will not have money in time. I have children and I am very scared, any suggestions?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 10:51 AM
    Hi, kymtrow69!

You write that you found organizations that could help. Are they not able to help you again?

Around where I live, we have a community action agency that's called Project Now. They help people in situations like your in. Below, is the link to them.

Project NOW

If you contact them, they might be able to put you in touch with a similar type of agency around where you live.

Thanks!
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2010, 02:08 AM

If he doesn't want the rent late, then I guess you don't pay it, huh? Silly landlord... apparently doesn't want his money very badly.

My suggestion would first be to check your lease and see what it actually says about late payments. Also check landlord/tenant laws. I don't know where you are, but we have laws about the process a landlord must go through in order to kick you out, and this would not be something he could do immediately.

Granted, you owe the rent and you must pay it. After two years of paying on time, and given you're looking, seems the landlord could try to be a little more understanding though.

We do have a law area where you could post this (and include your rough location).
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/law/
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2010, 02:09 AM

If he doesn't want the rent late, then I guess you don't pay it, huh? Silly landlord... apparently doesn't want his money very badly.

My suggestion would first be to check your lease and see what it actually says about late payments. Also check landlord/tenant laws. I don't know where you are, but we have laws about the process a landlord must go through in order to kick you out, and this would not be something he could do immediately.

Granted, you owe the rent and you must pay it. After two years of paying on time, and given you're looking, seems the landlord could try to be a little more understanding though.

We do have a law area where you could post this (and include your rough location).
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/law/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Desperate for Weight Loss assistance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is Cassie. I have been trying for many years to lose weight without any success. I have tried all the fad diets with little success. I am hoping to find another alternative that will help me with my problem. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I am 50+ years old and...

Rental Assistance [ 5 Answers ]

I am a single mom of twins and I am the only one supporting them. I do not have much money well really no money at all since I work full time and pay a million bills. However I need to get out of my parents house simply because my 31 year old brother is still at home and is a drug addict and...

I am in desperate need of assistance. Basement drain backing up. [ 5 Answers ]

I am in desperate need of some good advice and direction. My wife and I purchased a house recently and the previous home owner is deceased. We have our washer and dryer in the basement and that is our main issue. The drain goes under the basement floor and it actually has a few drain holes...

Desperate assistance asap [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just wondering if anyone could help me with this question, its for uni and I just cannot get my head around it, any help would be much appreciated! A pharmaceutical company, is currently (at 1 January 2007) considering an investment in a new product, which is similar to the company’s...

In Desperate Need of Assistance [ 1 Answers ]

I thought I caught my girlfriend "cheating" or at least looking to potentially on me online- she denies it, and she has never lied to me before. Basically, posted things online saying she was looking for someone she's interested in and waiting for a response from this person- I discovered this...

View more questions Search