Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    icevein Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 12:10 AM
    Probation violations
    If you admitted to your probation/parole officer you will test dirty for drugs is he required to report it?

Feb 24, 2010, 07:55 AM
    Parole/probation violation/ dirty urine
    If you go to the hospital and u test positve for drugs while on parole/probation can your po violate you? Didn't tell him about the dirty urine..
    writeon Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 08:04 AM

No. Because hospitals have what's called the HIPAA law. Health Information Privacy Accountability Act and they have taken a code of ethics to not disclose private patient information. The only thing that hospitals are required by law to disclose is gunshot wounds and that is it. The reason for this is because if people think they are going to get in trouble for doing drugs and they have overdosed this will discourage them from going to seek medical attention at a hospital in fear they will be ratted on and this would cause many people to lose their lives when they could have sought treatment. So no, the hospital will not disclose any test results to anyone Probation/Parole Officer or otherwise.

Feb 25, 2010, 05:14 AM

That is just wrong.. Y? Now when all these drug users find out the hospitals can't say anything they will just get admitted so they can buy some time to get clean... more money the tax payers have to put out for these worthless people

Feb 25, 2010, 05:18 AM

I'd like to add that his po told me this information after he found him and he kept saying he was clean until the po said good lets go take a test, THEN he admitted to it.. so with that can his po get in trouble for not reporting it
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 05:39 AM

The PO is the person who it is reported to, the PO has many options, he will still have to test him to prove that he is "dirty" but depending upon the level of probation and the rules that PO gets to operate at, he may merely warn them and check itnext time.

?? What do you mean "afer he found him" was he also missing and not reporting for his meetings ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 05:42 AM

I have merged your posts

1. first why did he go to the hospital, but the hosptial has no idea he is on probation, so they would not know to tell anyone. Now if the PO sent them to the hosptial for a test that is different, or if he was in a accident and the police sent him to hospital for a test.

Please in one post the PO does not know, in another he does, then he appears to be missing and found by the PO]

Lets tell one story and explain the details better

Feb 25, 2010, 06:32 AM

Not like on the run & he does check in so his po don't track him down but his po said he was supposed to call & didn't so he came looking for him and wasn't here so I told him he the truth, he wasn't here and hasn't ben. Wanted to know Y and where he was, I told him that 2, found him and his friends using drugs in my home. He also gives an address in the po county but stays in another & don't let him know that either, has put himself in the hosptial twice now to get clean-overdosed on niacin and still hasn't got in trouble.. his po is VERY dumb.. this guy is an expert at manipulating people and this po is the easiest one, he transferd to a diff county to get away from the po's that DID keep a closer eye on him.. and it worked

Feb 25, 2010, 06:49 AM
    The hospital did know he is on parole because he told them (I was there) & that he was taking niacin to get clean.. like 50 pills in one day! As for the po "knowing" you he knew he was in the hospital but wasn't told the truth about Y.. just told the po he was sick.. lol he even told the po once that I had staff so bad I was contagious & my kids had h1n1 when the po was going to do a home visit to buy some time,, now when the po comes looking for him and finds him questions him and he says he's clean then the po told him OK lets go take a test, then he admits to being dirty but the po does nothing! His po hasn't tested him once and he's been on parole for a good 6 months.. this guy also makes sure his kid is present when his po makes a home visit.. plays it up and looks good.. also a way not to go to the ofc to get tested.. got my kid and no ride.. typical... NOW I know Y he never wanted me to talk to his po.. said he had it covered

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violations [ 6 Answers ]

If you are on probation and you flee the state what can they charge you with

Probation violations [ 1 Answers ]

If you are on probation and someone files an order of protection against you is this a violation

Probation violations [ 3 Answers ]

How long can a sentence be for probabtion violation?

Probation violations [ 6 Answers ]

My son was picked up for a probation violation and I was wondering if there was a certain time that his probation officer has to contact him or how long he can sit in jail without any info on what is going on. He has a job and he takes medication for biopolar and he can not take all of the...

View more questions Search