Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yobroop Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 05:22 PM
    Goodman furnaces troubleshooting
    After 4 or 5 cycles the exhaust fan will come on as normal for about 1 minute and the burners will go out. The exhaust fsan will continue to run for 2 or 3 minutes then the inside circulation fan comes on with heated air and a very strong hot metal smell. What is the problem?
    yobroop Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 05:25 PM

What causes the heat exchanger to go out and the exhaust fan continues to run for 2 to 3 minutes, then the circulating inside fan comes on heated with a very strong hot metal smell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heil furnaces troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Heil furnace model PGF024K060A comes on fine runs to set temp kicks off heat, blower stays on but heat won't come back on until you shut down system

Goodman furnaces schematics [ 1 Answers ]

I have brand new goodman furnace that run all the time in heat mode, I disconnected the thermostat and it still run, I though the gas valve was stuck in open, I change that and it didn't work, my next thing was to change the board. Am I going the right dir

Goodman furnaces [ 6 Answers ]

I replaced the ignitor on my furnace. The ignitor will glow and the gas to the burners will come on and then the ignitor will go off and the gas at the burner dies out. Any suggestions?

Goodman Furnaces [ 1 Answers ]

How is the quality and performance of Goodman Furnaces. How is the quality of Goodman furnace model GMV95

Goodman Furnaces [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to replace my furnace/AC in the next couple of months. Goodman has been recommended to me by my furnace guy. In doing some research on the internet, it seems that they are not rated very high and have several repair issues. Any comments on the brand?

View more questions Search