Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

Apr 2, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Depression and Anxiety getting worse
    I was diagnosed w/ Major depression about 2 years ago and this winter it has been getting worse. I am short w/ my kids don't want to work just want to sleep and be at home by myself . I lost my grandma about 2 weeks ago and it has just made it worse I am struggling so much I can't get into a psych doctor for another 2 weeks. I don't have thoughts of suicide I just have the urge to start cutting again and I don't want that I am fighting it really hard. I just cry at the drop of a hat or not even that. It just seems like it is getting worse and worse I take my meds like I am suppose to I am on high doses I take Effexor Xr 150mg and Zoloft 200mg Xanax 1mg 3 times a day and panalor 25mg at bed and it just seems like nothing helps I just want to go crawl in bed and sleep forever. Our finance at home are horrible and me needing time off is just making it worse but I don't want to go back to work because it is worse when I am there for some reason. I just want to be better. I want to be a good employee I want to be a good wife, friend, mother. I just feel like a horrible person because all this is hitting me again. Please help is anyone has any ideas on want may help:mad:
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Oh goodness K1j, I bet you could get in to your doctor if you told the nurse exactly what you have told us here. I hope you try calling them back one more time. Don't let this get the best of you. Fight, fight it hard, you get to win, it is your body and your mind. YOURS! Call the nurse back and tell her this is a life and death matter you need to be seen right away, tell her/him you have had thoughts of suicide and fighting the urge to cut...
    I will be thinking good thoughts and remember this is YOUR life, YOUR body, YOUR mind... you are strong, use this strength to survive. Tell you husband what is going on, talk about things, get it all out. Hugs!
    dana1999 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 2, 2008, 10:03 AM
    You can go to the emergancy room at any hospital if you need to. I know this I have had to take my son there when he has felt like you do. Please see someone, there is also a hotline that my son call it is 800DONTCUT. Please call it if you need to they are very good listeners and will get you to see someone sooner.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 6, 2008, 01:23 AM
    I don't know how long you have been taking the same meds, but if they aren't doing you any good, have your Dr. try out something different that may help you better. Maybe you should try and get a back up Dr. Are you just seeing a family Dr. or are you seeing a phychologist? Maybe you can find a therapist you can talk to when your Dr. can't take you right away.

I feel for you! Depression is a tough road to travel. It seems helpless sometimes, but try and hang in there, and PLEASE PLEASE don't cut! You may also want to call a crisis line in your area, or the mental health association when you just really feel out of control.

Take care and God Bless!

(and you are in NO WAY a horrible person hun)
    als47 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Wow sounds like me! Im Andrea and I was diagnosed with the same depression. Its hard going through this but you need to be a fighter. When things got worse, like when I uncontrollably cut myself, I admitted myself to the ER. Your meds may not be the right ones for you obviously because you aren't any better. You need to find the best specialtist around to help you get on the right meds. I went through that for years. Trying different meds and so on. But there are so many different kinds of meds out there you can't even imagine, and you will find the right ones for you! It may take awhile for you to feel like yourself again. My advice to you is find a great hospital where they specialze in these sorts of areas, find the right meds for you, then maybe see a counsler or therapist once you start to feel like yourself again that is until you are back to feeling 100%. Remember (at least this is what my doc told me. I went to clelveland clinic the best in Ohio and known throughout the US) if you don't feel safe you need to go to the ER period. If your tired of feeling this way then you owe it to yourself to get better. Your important and so is your health. Lifes too short. Find help. I wish you the best of luck and you will be in my prayers!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2008, 06:01 PM
    There is natural sadness and despair in life caused by real events like losing a grandmother... these events that cause us so much suffering do not require medication... we have to grieve and talk about the one lost and our feelings. This is the process that heals us from our loss.

What you need to do to help yourself is get out of the house and get some fresh air and exercise. Walking and enjoying nature is the perfect exercise. This will lessen your suffering until you talk to your therapist.

Best wishes. :)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 13, 2008, 12:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by k1j14mom
    I was diagnosed w/ Major depression about 2 years ago and this winter it has been getting worse. I am short w/ my kids don't want to work just want to sleep and be at home by myself . I lost my grandma about 2 weeks ago and it has just made it worse I am struggling so much I can't get into a psych doctor for another 2 weeks. I don't have thoughts of suicide I just have the urge to start cutting again and I don't want that I am fighting it really hard. I just cry at the drop of a hat or not even that. It just seems like it is getting worse and worse I take my meds like I am suppose to I am on high doses I take Effexor Xr 150mg and Zoloft 200mg Xanax 1mg 3 times a day and panalor 25mg at bed and it just seems like nothing helps I just want to go crawl in bed and sleep forever. Our finance at home are horrible and me needing time off is just making it worse but I don't want to go back to work b/c it is worse when I am there for some reason. I just want to be better. I want to be a good employee I want to be a good wife, friend, mother. I just feel like a horrible person b/c all this is hitting me again. please help is anyone has any ideas on want may help:mad:
    Are you getting all of your meds from the same Dr. A lot of the meds you have mentioned may not interact well with each other. Also, the side effects of most of those meds can be really bad, not to mention combining them. Some of the side effects can have the opposite effect and actually cause further depression.

I really don't understand why your Doc would put you on 4 different meds at the same time. That sure doesn't sound right to me. You could very easily overdose. I would go to another Dr. for another diagnosis, and see if you can find one med that will balance you out, but not have you walking around like a zombie. No wonder you want to sleep all of the time, it sounds to me like you are over medicated, and they are cancelling each other out. None of them are going to balance your brain if the meds are working against each other.

I empathize with you, as I can relate. If "SOME PEOPLE" would realise that depression is an actual brain disorder, that is very serious and sometimes VERY disabling and crippling, to the degree where it's hard to conduct even the simplest everyday activities. It is NOT about being just sad or having the blues.

I can't believe in this day and age, some people still think that some fresh air and a walk in the park will cure you! That is the total ignorance of the people that don't understand that depression is A REAL DISEASE! It is just as real as a broken leg that needs a cast, or a malignant cancer cell. It interferes with the signals your brain is sending you, and it can, in turn, cause many other illnesses.

I get really upset when someone suggests that getting a bit of fresh air will "snap you out of it"! :mad:

Although the death of your Grandmother has added to your pain, (and I'm really sorry to hear about that, and I extend my condolences to you) you must get to your therapist as soon as you possibly can. Please make another appt with a Dr. to discuss the combo of meds you are taking OK?

Let us know how you make out! Take care of yourself, so you can take care of your family.
    mc321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 02:07 PM
    I am having great problems also, I take 300mg of Wellbutrin and I also take clonasopam for terrible anxiety I get. I have had this crap for about 14 yrs and this is the worse it has ever been,I think the end may be better but I tend to beable to get that out of my head. Depression is very hard to deal with at times, I get to go to see my shrinck by telehealth in about a week, I geuse I will just hang in there. Thanks for Listening.
    sassygrl 67 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 07:31 PM

I am current dealing with it to its so hard . Maybe try some threapy or group thearpy I wish you the best of luck it will get better
    DixiePride Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 07:36 PM
    Hey I am fighting the same thing (without the cutting part). All I want to do is stay in my house by myself and sleep. I hate feeling like this at work because I am responsible for so much, my wife don't deserve me feeling like this and I am 33 and have a lot of life to live to fill like this. I would not wish these felling on my worst enemy. You are in my highest prayers. I hope you feel better and if you need someone to talk to one on one my email is [email protected]. I will send you my cell.
    DixiePride Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 07:36 PM
    Hey I am fighting the same thing (without the cutting part). All I want to do is stay in my house by myself and sleep. I hate feeling like this at work because I am responsible for so much, my wife don't deserve me feeling like this and I am 33 and have a lot of life to live to fill like this. I would not wish these felling on my worst enemy. You are in my highest prayers. I hope you feel better and if you need someone to talk to one on one my email is [email protected]. I will send you my cell.
    Lomns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2010, 04:33 PM
    Depression without suicidal thoughts? Yeah, right..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any recommendations for anxiety/depression? [ 18 Answers ]

I'd like to find some recommendations for anxiety, depression and sleeplessness. I have a close friend who is currently suffering from this and would like to get off conventional meds. Any info would help... Thanks.

Social Anxiety/depression [ 30 Answers ]

I'm 16 and have been dealing with severe social anxiety for about 10 years. It has turned into social phobia. I can't go anywhere by myself. I avoid going to school because I can't stand being around others. I think some of it has to do with being sexually molested by my brother for 2 years. ...

Loneliness of Depression and anxiety [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi my name is colindove, It is good to be here amongst you all. I have had Clinical Depression and anxiety for 11 years, on and off, yet mainly on. I try to be positive and keep my sense of humour, yet the loneliness is getting to me. It is difficult to make friends, as I am so...

Depression and Anxiety [ 2 Answers ]

I have suffered with major depression and anxiety problems for about 5 years but last year I was put in the hospital about 3 times for OD and cutting. I had been doing really well until recently when I had problems work and then lost my job and now I just feel like I am falling apart all over...

Depression, anxiety attacks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have posted in the relationship advice section as well. But wanted to know if anyone could help regarding my main issue of my anxiety attacks. I lived a very scared and un confident child hood, I have gone through a lot of stress to. And just recently because of my relationship problems...

View more questions Search