Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carpenter-t Posts: 88, Reputation: 19

Feb 6, 2010, 09:56 PM
    I Have an 1836 Penny in Good Condition. What Might Be the Possible Monetary Value?

I have a 1836 penny in good condition and a dealer at a local coin store offered me a 1.25 for it.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2010, 11:14 PM

Carrpenter-t- The 1836 penny you have is a large penny,and is called matronhead
    for the lady figure on the front side,it was minted from 1816 through. 1836,and a little more on history;;on pennys made from 1829 through 1837 on the back of these pennys ,the letters around the edge were medium lettersand 1808 through 1834 ,they
    had large lwetters around the outer edgeIM GOING TO GET MY RED BOOK its 2010
    and check the values on your coin; OK I'm back ,I checked the values on your coin
    and I hope that you have not sold it ,if you have for a {$1.25] you are going to be
    sick;;HERE ARE THE VALUES OF YOUR COININ THE[ 2006red book- G-4-$16.00
    VG-8=$20.00;;F-12-$26.00:: MS-63- $500.00;[ Now for out of the 2010 RED BOOK ON COINS :: G-4-$20.00 ::VG-8-$25.00::F-12 -$26.00:: MS-63-$525.00
    AU-50-is $25000;; This is the reason I try to tell other people TO STAY AWAY FROM COIN SHOPS AND PAWN shops ;;The least they give you for the item you are trying tio sell or pawnthe more profit they make;;;I hope that this has answered all your questions;If not come back to this site and post it ;;Have a great day tomorrow and GOD BLESS:: F./B.E.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2010, 11:36 PM
    >Question re-titled and moved to it's own thread.<
    carpenter-t Posts: 88, Reputation: 19

Feb 11, 2010, 05:04 AM

I kept the coin an still have it.I figured I'd pass it down yo my grandson some day and it might appreciate.thank you for the info.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2010, 09:04 PM

Carpenter-t; thanks for your reply& answer ;you made a great decision,
    I've been a coin collector since I was 7 years old and I just won't sell any ;Ivegot it fixed that it will go to my three kids [grown] and a couple of my grand sons it will be divided evenly between them;; YES it will grow in value, keep it safe ; what would be nice is to send it to ANACS}
    CONTACT THEM BY PHONE- 1-800-888-1861 OR BY the E-Mail.They are in DUBLIN][ ANACS Home Page ][OR [email protected]} When you do request your free (All about ancs information package , today have them to do grading of the coin and encapsulation][A special type plasticsealed container;; this will keep it in perfict condition:: I hope that this helps on the decisions you will have to make BY the way ,IM IN MY 70's Have a grate day tomorrow and GOD BLESS; Thanks for your help ON this CLOUGH:: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possible Monetary Value of 1944 Penny [ 3 Answers ]

1944 penny value

Old penny [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know how much is a 1920 penny wouth.

Private Party sells used car as is in good condition, everything breaks! [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a used subaru in California, the first day noticed, minor wheel noise when going over 45 and cracked rubber door and window insulation,also check engine light was on and not smogged but in the bill of sale she wrote "as is buyer will take care of smog and tires" for 11 hundred I figured it...

Bad penny [ 3 Answers ]

Where does the phrase "always comes back like a bad penny" come from? And what does it mean?

View more questions Search