Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aznonpho Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 02:10 PM
    Furnace Blower starts then stops
    So my furnace starts and I can still here that its ignited when the blower starts. When the blower stops the furnace is still on the it repeats this process till I turn the thermostat off and it works fine what its wrong? :(
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 13, 2010, 02:42 PM

If it is working fine in the "off" position then something is being weird. The first place to check is the connection wire between the thermostat and the furnace. You could have damage between the 2 causing a problem and it sounds like a possible short.
    aznonpho Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    If it is working fine in the "off" position then something is being weird. The first place to check is the connection wire between the thermostat and the furnace. You could have damage between the 2 causing a problem and it sounds like a possible short.
    How would I check for this problem?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 13, 2010, 03:06 PM

You have to trace the path that the wire takes and follow it to the furnace for a visual inspection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant gas furnace starts OK - but blower stops after a few minutes [ 1 Answers ]

My Bryant gas furnace (394GAD I think) starts up in heating cycle OK - but after a few minutes the blower shuts off. The burners stay on. Then 30 seconds or so later, the blower restarts. After a few minutes, it shuts off again - burners still on - then starts again after 30 seconds. Repeats this...

My honeywell furnace starts up and then stops [ 2 Answers ]

Model T8112C1007 I can not delete the hold temp of 57 on the thermostat, don't know if this has something to do with it. I can not find my manual The thermostat is digital, older model, with flush arrow keys...

Central heater furnace starts and blower starts for 30 minutes and then fan shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

We start our central heater and the furnace kicks in and then the blower starts and the house warms up but when it reaches the desired temperature. When the temp. drops and you can hear the furnace start but the blower will never kick in. If we shut off the whole thing and wait about 1 hour, we...

Main blower sometimes starts and stops in Gas Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got a problem with main blower in gas furnace. I've checked this site, but didn't find an answer. Symptoms: Sometimes it starts and stops when burns work or don't start at all. Relay clicks to start blower in 30 seconds after burner started, but blower doesn't start or stops and then...

Only in AM, gas furnace stops and starts [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a Gaffers-Sattler furnace, about 40 years old. Runs great, but for one problem. In the morning around 5 or 6, I turn on furnace and it will heat up and run for about 5 to 6 minutes then stop for about 3 minutes and repeat this all morning long. (frustration as this is when its...

View more questions Search