Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zully2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Aug 11, 2009, 03:51 AM
    Silver certificate one million dollars series 1923
    Please, tell me something about the following "one million dollars silver certificate series of 1923" -
    Attached Images

WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 05:37 AM

That is (in my opinion) a nice novelty item.

The largest denomination bill ever printed was $100,000. It is unlikely that one would ever get into the general public.
    See: U.S. Treasury - FAQs: Denominations of Currency

Sorry to break this news :(
    WallyH
    zully2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Aug 12, 2009, 11:56 AM

Silver Certificates

In accordance with an Act of Congress, dated February 28, 1878, the Department of the Treasury issued to the public Silver Certificates which could be exchanged for silver dollars. On March 25, 1964, the Secretary of the Treasury announced that Silver Certificates would no longer be redeemable for silver dollars. Subsequently, another act of Congress dated June 24, 1967, provided that Silver Certificates could be exchanged for silver bullion for a period of one year, until June 24,1968. Even though silver certificates are no longer printed, those which remain outstanding are still legal tender and can be spent just like a Federal Reserve Note...!
    iysus roist Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Feb 9, 2010, 01:49 PM
    [QUOTE =;][/ QUOTE]
    X zully2... Con riferimento alla tua risposta del 12/08/2009 sul certificato da 1 milione di Dollaro, all'incasso mettendola, la Federal Reserve ne risponde pagando la cifra? Oppure da solo ha Numismatico un Valore? Ti ringrazio anticipatamente...
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2010, 09:02 PM

Zully- The silver certificate you have is not real money, but as the person above stated { NOTIVY ITEM} IM sorry to bust your bubble but they were printedJUST FOR THAT REASON, to give someone for a joke party gift r for someone to pull out and use in a poker ganme as a joke ;;This past summer I xcame across about four of these by others, AND I even went to the treasury dept in WASHINGTON about them;; THE CO that is printing them went a little to far though I think because they have already gotten several people in trouble over thinking that they are realand trying to spend them just like real money;; THE LARGEST BILL PRINTED BY THE TREASURY WAS THE $10,000.00 notes; Have a great day and GOD BLESS;;F.B.E.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2010, 09:20 PM

Wally helps- I think that if you check on the bill in question ,You weill find that just a few were printed and none were never put into circulation {public}Other wise the tenthousand bill was the largest ;;SORRY F.B.E.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2010, 12:13 PM
    Thread CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1923 silver certificate [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1923 $1.00 silver certificate, ser/v40322063b I would like to know about what it is worth

Silver Coin Certificate of 1923 [ 8 Answers ]

A friend from Philippines found a silver coin certificate of 1923 1 million dollars face value, how much is it worth and where/how can trade it?

$1 Large size 1923 silver certificate [ 4 Answers ]

I have 3 large size 1923 silver certificates in fine condition, 2 signed by Speelman/White N series and 1 signed by Woods/White Z series. Any help with value? Thanks.

View more questions Search