Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cedardale25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 03:43 PM
    Is it common that gas valves can be faulty or does something on the boiler blowing it
    Is common for gas valves to be faulty or can something on the boiler blow the valve I have just replacedone on a ideal boiler after the previous one failed after 5 days this new valve also failed is this just bad luck or something serious leading to the valve to fail
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 05:03 PM
    Check for proper voltage for gas valve operation. Gas valves seldom fail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two port valves on a combi boiler [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to fit split heating on a combi boiler with 2 two port valves and a bypass? If not, is there any other way to have independent control of two different areas of a house? Thanks

3 wire thermostat install, heating only, boiler, with automag valves [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up a 3 wire (red,green, and white) thermostat. The old thermostat was an automag mercury type that says r+b heat only. All three wires where hooked up. I installed and now my heat will not shut off upstairs. I have 4 zones. I used same thermostat downstairs. Seems to be working...

Cross Reference Honeywell Gas Boiler Valves [ 1 Answers ]

IS Honeywell Gas Valve # VR8300C4506 the correct replacement for Burnham Hydronics # VR8200C3005 on my Burnham Gas Boiler # P-205-W, s/n 17 115020? Please advise ASAP. Thanks.

Cleaning an Old Steam Boiler & Radiator Vent Valves [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have an old Utica Gas Steam Boiler. Do you recommend using Squick on old boilers as well? What do you know about Gorton venting steam radiator valves? Supposedly, they have a numbering system for each valve based on the location of each radiator in every room in your house. Thank...

No gas supply, or faulty valve in gas fireplace? [ 4 Answers ]

We use a regency Gr55-3 ~20,000btu gas fireplace for heating our bedroom. Its about 10 years old and has given us no trouble before. The gas supply line is a small (3/8"?) flexible copper tube that runs about 40' from a prv. I believe the prv lets pressure down from 2psi to a few inches of...

View more questions Search