Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deb Rincon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Plasma Donation
    :( :( I want to know if it's dangerous to donate plasma for 1 or 2 times a week, can harm my body. Will there be any long lasting effects on my body. Please let me know, I am very worried. Thanks Deb Rincon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Yes, a healthy person can give twice a week, with at least 48 hours between donations.

Donating Plasma - Frequently Asked Questions
    amberspet Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2010, 04:27 PM

No it is possible for them to cause a stroke... I had a stroke after leaving them... I am 38 don't smoke or drink and have cholestorol under100... They gave me some anti quaguliant and returned an air bubble... It won't hurt me they said... But it damn near killed me...
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Feb 3, 2010, 07:55 AM

It is generally considered safe for healthy adults to donate plasma twice in a week with at least one day between donations.
    nicckidoodle Posts: 146, Reputation: 4

Feb 5, 2010, 07:26 PM

I used to be a tech at a plasma donation center, you should be screened before your donation, your colestorol checked and to make sure you are in generally good health, sodium citrate is the anticoagulant my perticular center used, some people can have a reaction to it but it was realitivily rare, if you intend to donate twice a week, you must stay well hydrated and eat sustaining meals, I suggest you donate once a week at first then try twice a week, picking days 48 hours apart or you won't be allowed to donate, so like Monday and Friday or something, as for air embolisims newer plasmaphereis machines have a fail safe that detects air in the line and any back ups, it was a very terrible experience amberspet had and the machine very well could not have been set up right, but I can say it is rare, the worse thing I have seen is a seziure from a reaction from the anti coag.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plasma Donation [ 4 Answers ]

Is Diarrhea a possible side effect of donating plasma? Also, are there any long term effects?

Does plasma donation affect menstrual cycle? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been donating plasma for around a year now and have discontinued my birth control. For the first time in my life, my cycles are delayed and I have abnormal spotting often. I am wondering if anyone knows about this? I can find nothing on the internet... but plasma donation is the only thing...

Egg Donation [ 1 Answers ]

MY daughter donated her eggs to a couple and received a substantial amount of money.Does she have to pay taxes on it?

Tax help on donation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there,

View more questions Search