Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keynow77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 01:02 PM
    Cutting into a half inch copper tube to install a compression shutoff valve
    What length do I cut directly into a 1/2 inch copper tubing to install a compression shut off valve.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2010, 01:09 PM

It depends on the length of the valve and how much play you have in the pipes. The tubing needs to seat at the bottom of the fitting.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 01:13 PM
    To install a compression shutoff you will need a minimum of 1 inch of copper exposed. If you plan to install a chrome cover behind the shutoff you will need a minimum of 1.25" exposed copper pipe.

MARK
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting into a half inch copper tube to install a compression shutoff valve [ 1 Answers ]

I need to cut just enough 1/2 inch copper tubing to install a compression shut off valve for a shower supply line. The valve will be installed directly into this cut.

How do I connect 3 inch sch 40 to 3 inch copper . The o. D. Of the copper is 3 inch [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling an old house with all copper plumbing except for the cast iron that comes out of the basement floor. Some of the copper drain line is bad so I am trying to connect to the copper with sch 40 3 inch pipe. I can't seem to find a no hub band to make the connection. The o.d. of the...

Install Gas Shutoff Valve for stove. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1/2 " gas line coming into my kitchen of my new house. I bought a 1/2" shutoff valve, 3 " Nipple, and 1/2" cap. In order to connect to a flex line I assume the nipple needs to come out of the shutoff valve (F/F Threads). Give me some guidance as how to install the line. I also bought some...

Install a copper shut off valve [ 4 Answers ]

Is it necessary to take apart the 3/4 inch copper shut off valve prior to soldering it in place in order to avoid melting the ball seals?

How to install 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Vanity Backsplash [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a new 72 inch long Marble vanity in my bathroom. It came with a 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Backsplash. How do I install this backsplash? Do I just put an adhesive behind it? What about the gaps? How do I fill the gap of the top of the backsplash where it hits the...

View more questions Search