Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ftempana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 06:19 PM
    I cannot get over my brothers death of 3 years
    I lost my brother 3 years ago and think about him daily. I am married and have 2 children and they do not understand why I am still feeling this way. I cannot go to his house to visit his wife and sons because all I want to do is cry. My nephew is getting married soon and I do not know if I can make it through the wedding. I think I may not attend because it will be a happy occasion for him but I will be feeling sad thinking that my brother. I talk to my friends all the time but it still does not help. I think I feel guilty if I would begin to accept.
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Jan 26, 2010, 06:34 PM

You should visit your sister in law and go to the wedding. My brother just past last year and when we get together we cry sometimes but we all talk about him, and remember the good times. You'll never get over him if you don't talk about how you feel. Share all the things you remember and celebrate his life, and help celebrate his kids life. Try to find something of your brothers or even write down something about his wedding and include it in your card to the happy couple. Maybe make a book of all the memories and write them down things you don't want anyone to forget about him. You can ask family and friends to add to your book. Keep all his memories in your heart nice and close to you. And talk about him, we go visit my sister in law and talk all day and night about him all weekend long. We have a great time Good luck! He's been watching over you and just celebrate the times you did have with him. Gol bless!
    321543 Posts: 72, Reputation: 10

Jan 29, 2010, 01:55 PM

Survivors guilt is not uncommon. I can not, nor will I begin to say I know what you feel. Each of us deal with our own pain in our own way.

I will ask you to do a couple of things that may help you. Remember that each and everyday we are given to live is a gift. Death is not a bad thing nor is it the end.
    The trials you are suffering now are a test, try and endure them. First by teaching your brothers loved ones, about the things you used to do togather. Allowing your love and his memory to grow forever and ever in there hearts and minds. You will be blessed for it in the end will see your brother in his own children, if you watch carefully. You will also have discovered a greater love of a different kind. That he was with you all along, but a bit different. Only you had to discover and find him.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 08:24 PM

Please go to your nephews wedding. If you don't it will only be one more thing to grieve about. Think of this; if you had been the one who died and your son or daughter getting married would he miss such a wonderful occasion or would he go and hide his grief for the sake of your child's happy occasion? Think of him and picture him looking down at you on his child's wedding day, smiling and saying; I knew you could do it. God Bless You
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 08:31 PM

First go to visit and cry and cry and cry and get moving though the grief process.

But this also appears to be effecting your life, and after 3 years shows signs of being fairly serious, so perhaps a professional couselor that can help in grief counseling
    IamMeyouAreyou Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2010, 08:56 PM

My father and mother just died. I am nine years old. My father oncetold me, if you spend too much time in the dirt, then your going to get dirty. If you think about it you'll realize that no one benefits from being dirty. This wedding is an important step in the grieving process, this will help you accept his death. If you cannot get over this time for you, then do it for your family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OK to record quitclaim 10 years later/8 yrs after death of grantee? [ 1 Answers ]

A quitclaim deed was given to the family physician 2001. The deed was unrecorded. The grantor died in 2002, and her estate probated. The land in the quitclaim deed was divided among heirs. Heirs were unaware of the deed at the time the land was divided, nor did the grantee make anyone aware of...

Death and credit card death. [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Death and credit card death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Brothers... [ 28 Answers ]

OK, so I have 5 brothers all very different characters. The oldest Martin, is 35yrs - outgoing, but also laid back, a good sense of humoursettle with kids and we get on well. Darren is about 33yrs very quiet and has a shy factor, but has a great sense of humour, happilt married with children...

View more questions Search