Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qupid1984 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Do I have A spirit following me?

I think I might have a spirit following either me or my husband, Everywhere we move to, we always experience something, me first though. I kind of think it might be me though cause I experience more than he does. We had lived in this apartment that we just recently moved out of, and I was experiencing things there, seeing things and hearing things, it was even bad as to me not being able to sleep for long cause I felt like I was being waken up to ugly feelings of being watched, and something being in the room watching me. I would even think I heard something talking to me. I felt like I was going crazy. We moved out recently and for the first week at my sister in laws I was sleeping comfortable, happy that I wasn't being waken up by whatever, but it all just recently changed cause just this past week weird thing started happening in the home, and my in laws don't really believe in ghosts, but they saw an actual apparition, and we all have been hearing things, and I have been waken up in the middle of the night once again the last two days. I guess what I really wan to know is can spirits follow you, and are they following us?

Ps. The small kids in the home have been talking and playing with something that we can't see, so we're freaking out, but that used to happen at myold apartment.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 11:08 AM

Being a Christian, I believe that yes spirits can follow you. "Ghosts" to me are just evil spirits- not the spirit of a dead person. Satan will do whatever he can to make people believe that there is no afterlife- even if it means taking the form of a "ghost." I have had the same experiences before- feeling uncomfortable, feeling as though you're being watched, hearing noises, etc. I don't know how to make it stop, for me it just comes and goes and is usually connected with one building, not several like you are experiencing, but to answer your question, I think a spirit probably is following you.
    nickycummings Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Do you know the story of that apartment? Like who lived there before? Sometimes souls stay in a place and no matter how long they passed away, they feel that is where they belong. I will advise you to move out or if you can't ask a priest to bless your place.

Sep 25, 2008, 01:53 PM
    We have moved, into my sister in laws home, but it seems to have followed us here, they've never seen anything in the home, until we moved in. I get a feeling that it's not good. I want to try to look into the history of those apartments, but don't know where to start.

Ps: I think it might be here also because his familyis kind of loud and yell and fight with each other, just some violence.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Sep 26, 2008, 12:56 PM

Qupid, I'd be a lot more concerned about getting my kids away from a place where the living flesh and blood members of the family engage in "some violence." Although spirits can be harmful, even dangerous, human beings can still be a more dangerous species than all the spirits, tigers, and sharks put together.

The answer to your title question seems to be yes, there is a spirit following you. It latched on at the old apartment and followed you, probably because you are feeding it. If you are often in an emotionally upset state, you are not "all together." You open up gaps in your soul (for lack of a better word), where your energy can leak out and spirits can get in, feeding on the energy of you. Then when you get scared of it, you give it even more energy.

The children don't seem to be afraid of it, which may be a good sign; they may have a more positive relationship with it. But spirits, just like humans, sometimes pretend to be friendly to children even when they mean them harm.

Right now, this seems to be a parasitic relationship. You can either sever the relationship or change it to something positive. What if you were like a sea anemone and the spirit were like a clown fish? It might still be feeding off your energy, but maybe only table scrap energy you were sloughing off and would never miss, but it might give you protection, guidance, wisdom. It might help you watch over your children or comfort you when you need someone to talk to. You know things are going well if it tells you its name.

If you try that and it doesn't work, or if you just can't bring yourself to make friends, tell it to leave. Try to adopt a kind of cool, confidence, fear in check, when dealing with it. Think of Will Smith confronting an alien in the MIB movies. That kind of attitude. There are all kinds of rituals in every tradition you can imagine, Christian, pagan, indigenous, for clearing yourself of it. The ritual works if it feels right to you, because it both has an effect on the critter, and helps you form the clear intention of what you want, and it is really your own inner power (connecting to a Higher Power, of course) that does the trick.

If you get stuck, drop me a line by private message or whatever and I'll be happy to work with you in more detail.

Blessings to you and your family,

Alder

Sep 26, 2008, 04:49 PM
    we're going to move from here, that's good news, I hope that whatever won't follow us, and we're left at peace. They see it more than I do now. But I still get the feeling like someone is here, and I'm really afraid to hear what it has to say because what if it's bad and won't leave me alone?
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Oct 1, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by qupid1984 View Post
    we're going to move from here, thats good news, I hope that whatever won't follow us, and we're left at peace. they see it more than I do now. but I still get the feeling like someone is here, and I'm really afraid to hear what it has to say because what if it's bad and won't leave me alone?
    If it's following you because it wants to tell you something, the best way to get rid of it is to sit down and listen politely to what it has to say. Don't be afraid of hearing it. You are no more bound to accept what it says than what any of us say. Stand in your own center of integrity and choose for yourself what story your own life offers. That's a better approach than letting anyone, living human or otherwise, tell you how to be in the world.
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Oct 1, 2008, 02:22 PM

The fact that the kids are talking to it is a good sign (kids haven't been told to NOT believe in such things and shut that sense down, yet). If it truly bothers you, simply and politely tell the spirit that you are uncomfortable with its presence.
    bremckay3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 06:39 PM
    I understand what you are saying one night... when I went to sleep... I woke up hearing something touching and picking up and setting down things in my room and I got creeped out so I hid under the covers. I heard it it sounded like it was smacking it's lips and I haven't gotten it to leave me alone since...
    angel_over_me Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jul 26, 2009, 05:35 AM

Being a Clairvoyant, I can happily answer your question. Believe it or not it's your spirit guide-not guardian angel-that is around you. They can be seen, felt, etc. and your children are talking to their guides as well. Yes, at first it can be scary and unnerving, but your guide means no harm to you, but just wants you to know that he's around. angel_over_me
    jenivi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    If it's following you because it wants to tell you something, the best way to get rid of it is to sit down and listen politely to what it has to say. Don't be afraid of hearing it. You are no more bound to accept what it says than what any of us say. Stand in your own center of integrity and choose for yourself what story your own life offers. That's a better approach than letting anyone, living human or otherwise, tell you how to be in the world.
    Hi Alder I want to know how I can get a hold of you I have a question regarding the paranormal.
    nheuertz86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 05:12 AM
    I have a similar problem.. mine started in my old apartment building.. it was an old house that was turned into apartments.. one night my neighbors saw a christmas tree in the very top room of the house.. so me an the nieghbors decided to go upstairs an find it.. we couldn't find it.. so we went back down.. we had to use flashlights to see since the landlord had all of a sudden quit working on that apartment on the top level.. he wouldn't tell us why.. but anyway, that night between 2 an 3 am I had heard footsteps in my kitchen walking very slowly to my couch in the living room an stop.. scared the **** out of me.. I didn't go upstairs again.. then about 3 weeks later I went up again with a guy I used to work with cause he wanted to try an find this tree.. still didn't find it.. that night, I heard the footsteps again.. at the same time.. ever since that night, I would hear weird things all through the night.. one night all of my electrical stuff turned on all by itself an wouldn't shut off.. weird thing is all the switches were turned to OFF.. freaked me out so much I wanted to go sleep at my moms house that night.. finally after about 2 months of this going on I said forget this and left.. my manager at my work now said he used to live in that house too right across the hall and he expierenced the same thing.. only he never went upstairs.. well anyway now I have moved, I was watching a paranormal show on a&e just earlier tonight an all of a sudden all my electricity shut off.. I can't get it to turn back on.. keep in mind I'm staying in a hotel.. ONLY my room is being like this.. what is going on??
    erinlakexo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 07:21 AM
    I am newly married woman with a 2 month old baby. My husband and I started experiencing things before we were married. After we were married we moved into a different home. We stayed there a few months and decided to leave. The night we left some strange and unexplainable things happened. Seeing that we are both christian-based individuals we talked to our pastor, who prayed with us and reassured us there was nothing following us. However, since we moved into our apartment other things have been happening, and a majority of them being in my baby's room. I am very upset and VERY tired of it. It's getting to the point where the heat is off in her room when I get up to feed her in the night. This is not okay. HELP!
    erinlakexo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 07:23 AM
    I am newly married woman with a 2 month old baby. My husband and I started experiencing things before we were married. After we were married we moved into a different home. We stayed there a few months and decided to leave. The night we left some strange and unexplainable things happened. Seeing that we are both christian-based individuals we talked to our pastor, who prayed with us and reassured us there was nothing following us. However, since we moved into our apartment other things have been happening, and a majority of them being in my baby's room. These things never happened to my husband before he met me, but I have always felt as if I was watched in some way. I am very upset and VERY tired of it. It's getting to the point where the heat is off in her room when I get up to feed her in the night. This is not okay. HELP!
    freaky2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 04:37 PM
    I know that this maybe feels weird to you but I have also experienced this and I feel it helps to talk to them. I have a 19yr old boy in my bathroom and a 9year old child who followed me from a friends as he liked playing with me. I also have a young daughter and this seems of no concern to her, I personally do not mind the spirits being around me although at first I found it uncomftable and a lot to deal with, I believe that they like your energy and are their to watch over and guide you and sometimes play silly games i.e every night I have to go back 3/4 pages in my book as they seem to find it amusing to change where I am but I just call them silly and laugh and they give me no real problems.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2010, 06:45 PM

I suggest not talking to this thing, or trying to contact it in any way. Contacting it will only condone what it is doing to you and your family. Try playing praise and worship music, sleep with a Bible, and read it. Anoint your doors and windows with oil, and commit yourself, and your household to the Lord. Pray over every room. If you need more help, get a hold of a pastor or priest.
    cJ1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 06:06 AM

Hey,

My first experience was 11. First of all you have to understand who you are dealing with. Spirits are like human beings. (who also is a spirit). A major difference is that you have a body which can be 100% interactive with this physical world. Demons were disembodied at the fall. I am not going to preach the bible nor any religion down anyone's throat, but these spirits are either angels or demons. They too have desires and feelings just like human beings. When human spirits are separated from their bodies, it is like a car body without an engine, the body decays, but you can transfer the engine. All human spirits are taken to hades. Angels and demons have a special ability. Because they are not confined by an earthly body, they can transform themselves in various forms including human relatives and people, shadows etc. I wasn't a christian a couple years after my experience, but upon reading the bible afterwards, this is want the angel Raphael did, and Jesus himself when he met abraham.They (demons) generally try to use you (seeing you have an earthly body) to get what they want to accomplish, this is generally through a door of acceptance by you, by mind persuasion or simply through fear. Some a more harsh than others, and some are more tactful than others; just like people. I have seen more demons than angels. I have personally found that demons give you a feeling of uneasiness, fear or negative feelings. Angels generally create peace in their environment and generally prefer to remain invisible. Some demons love to be seen and love to give apparitions, and love fame.
    However the methods Jaime describe above are very effective. They absolutely fear worship music and the name of Jesus or Yeshua. On my first encounter, I was lying in bed face down, suddenly I couldn't move, I started to suffocate. I don't know what made me say it, but I said the name Jesus in my mind, because I couldn't talk and the pressure on my back lifted. I slowly turned around and I saw the demon. He afterwards vanished. Yeshua is actually both Lord of the spirit realm and earth realm. Angels and demons are both subject to Him. IF YOU SHOW THAT YOU FEAR THEM THEY WILL CONTINUE TO TROUBLE YOU. Believe it or not if you show some fight, they will start to back down. The next time you feel being hauted, just say the name Jesus or Yeshua out aloud if you can. If you feel you are still overwhelm ask Him for help. I wasn't a christian then, but he was still willing to help me. I you believe he will, he will.

I know this was long, but best regards to all. I hope you got something.
    Judesohma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2010, 11:09 PM
    I myself have experienced this well I wouldn't say torment but a following entity and it really disturbs me I constantly feel like something or someone is following me and I always feel uncomfortable when I am walking somewhere at night with a friend and even though the street lamps are on and we can see everything around us, its just that I can't take it anymore and you people will tell me not to give in to satan and I won't but it getting difficult for me to live with things following me and I have been waiting for a solution...
    abigail6753 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2010, 09:53 AM
    Im having the same problem! Its been happening to me since 2007, I have always beed sensitive to things like this but it seems now every where I move to I have problems My children see it as well and tell me it frighten's them And also touches there arms and face both my sons have told me this one aged 4 and the other 2, My 2 year old talks to who eva it is and as his speech isn't brilliant I can understand what he tells me a lot of the times I just know he is scared! It bothers Me and my husband I have experienced my hair being moved and blowin in my ear cold rushes of wind next to me a voice but cnt work out what its saying, door handles moving and doors opening My husband has had the same and had items of cutlery moved towards him! Have had the house blessed but it hasn't done anything ? This is my 3rd house now and it hasn't stopped and I'm thinking it could be following me? It does frighten me and I do what I can to protect myself and my family but if any one can give me any advice I would be very happy PLEASE HELP. I know this is a old post ?
    Snorider21 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 09:25 PM
    Hi
    I know this is a little of date but I do believer something is following me as well no matter were I go there's always things moving around I here shuffling sometimes objects moving, the room sometimes gets cold and my hair stands on end I don't know why this is happening to me I never gave anything a reason to follow me I would just like to know if you found a way to have these things stop?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I Have a spirit following me? [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to have a spirit from an object, ie: african mask, Antique watches, follow me? Even after I get rid of the objects? I never had a problem with much of anything until I got a mask from some kid in Liberia, then it always seemed like something was following me! Not always bad, but for...

Is there a spirit following me [ 2 Answers ]

:) hello my name is charlene. Since I was a little girl I've always believed in afterlife. I've had three house's altogether and all have seemed to be haunted. Is there something telling me something eveynight I get chills down my back can anyone help me. I love ghost and spirits I am not scared...

God as Spirit? [ 27 Answers ]

Is Reason implicit in the unchangeable laws governing the movement of the solar system? Can the sun or the planets which revolve around it according to these laws, be said to have any consciousness of them? If the answer to question #1 is yes, and question #2 no, then it would seem to follow...

Did I see a spirit? [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé and I were chatting on the cam this morning. I was noticing the light through the outside window in his internet café and how it bounced around the room. He had to clean some in the café, so turned the cam around for me to watch what he was doing. Everything was normal until I saw...

Being a spirit [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know my spirit... if I looked to the miror in my eyes and enter my eyes does it work?

View more questions Search