Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cswiggins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 11:04 PM
    9 year old dog restless, whining
    My 9 year old min pin has been very annoying lately and it worries me. For a little bit over a week now she has been whining non stop. When we go out (with and without her coat), lying down with and without us, in her bed, in our bed. She won't eat much. She licks us like it's her first time seeing us even when we've only been gone for like 30 minutes. She's still active, running, jumping and such. I tried and organic method to calm her down, Rescue Remedy by Bach and it just makes her sleepy but she still whines. I am hesitant about taking her to the vet in fear that I'll be paying someone just to tell me she's lonely or old. Can anyone help me out? Please. I can't stand to see her this way and we both need some sleep. She's been so restless and figits a lot.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2010, 12:27 AM

Could be anxiety setting in. My old girls temperament changed at 10 years... she's extremely whinny,needy and makes mistakes in the house. Your dog is old, you should take her in for a health check... run the full blood panel, its expensive but its going to make sure everything is working... who knows, your dog could be trying to tell you something.

If nothing is wrong, then congrats! You have a crazy old dog too! Lol
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 06:24 AM

I think the normal life expectancy for your mini pin is 13-15 years, so I wouldn't say she is OLD quite yet :)
    Is she spayed? Up to date with vaccines? My dog gets happy and excited to see me when I come in from getting the news paper.
    Does she chew a lot of bones? Or toys?
    She could be trying to tell you something is wrong.
    In dogs, pacing and restlessness can be indicate pain, discomfort or distress.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 06:30 AM

Loss of appitite, is never a sign you should ignore. I think you should make that app with the vet!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog restless in middle of night [ 3 Answers ]

My havense 9 year old has a fear of thunder. I have medicated him for this three times in the last month. But now with no medication for weeks and no thunder, he wakes me up several times a night clawing at the floor, though not really in much of a panic. I tell him "no" and he stops for a minute...

6 YO Dog Limping & Whining? [ 2 Answers ]

We have an almost 6-year-old Lab/Golden mix. For about a month she has been limping when getting up. I thought arthritis. Starting last evening she has been whining and won't step on that paw/leg. She will let us touch it and nothing feels out of the ordinary. We do have a vet appointment...

Dog whining in crate [ 12 Answers ]

My 1 1/2 yr. old daschund sleeps in a crate at night and has always done good sleeping 7 to 8 hours a night. Just this last week he has started whining and yipping during the night in his crate. Starts anywhere between 2:00 am to 4:00 am. There has been no change in his routine and I can't seem...

Dog is whining while eating [ 3 Answers ]

I've noticed over the past few weeks that my dog is whining (as if in pain) while feeding on dry food. I usually feed him dry food and he eats at a fast pace. At first it would happen occasionally, but now it happens almost every feeding. Some things I've noticed while he's eating: his...

My 11 year old dog just started being very restless? [ 5 Answers ]

My 11 year old beagle/rottweiler mix female spayed inside dog just started acting crazy a couple days ago. She hasn't eaten anything unusual, gotten into anything or gone anywhere she doesn't go every other day (fenced in yard). Monday, she started just whining for no reason, running around the...

View more questions Search