Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casablanca16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 06:22 PM
    Can a babysitter file a tax return if she was paid cash through the year
    Can a babysitter file a tax return if she was paid cash through the year and does not have a W2? Are copies of those cash receipts enough?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 28, 2010, 06:25 PM

And what would be the purpose of filling a return. A tax return is called a RETURN because its used to get a return of over withheld amounts. If you were paid cash then you had no withholding. Unless the parents filed 1099s or paid taxes on your behalf, there is no need to file a return.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 07:16 PM

Of course with the number 16, I have to guess you are a high school student that made a little money baby sitting.

If you are a adult and provided unlicensed day care ( baby sitting) while their parents worked and we are discusing 1000's of dollars then that makes a difference

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing income tax if paid in cash [ 1 Answers ]

I've been working for a religious organization from jun.2009 until the present. My pay is 75.00 -100.00 per week which was always paid in cash in which they gave me reciepts. I am the head of household and have two dependents who are my children age 2 and 6 months. Can I still file for tax returns?

Tax paid in US on 401k cash out - will this also be counted as taxable income in AUS? [ 1 Answers ]

We have been in Australia for a few years but last year we cashed in our 401k, filed US taxes and paid all applicable taxes (around 30%) We are now needing to file AUS taxes (since the tax year is July-Jun) albeit a little late, but it appears that this will be treated as taxable income in AUS...

Wife in india during tax year. Can I file joint state return for MN? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I got married at the end of 2007. My wife came to US in 2008. Filed federal return jointly along with W7 and obtained ITIN. I've to file MN state return. Could I still use married filing jointly with MN return. If yes, is form M1 sufficient or do I have to attach form M1NR for my wife even...

File W-7 form without tax return and why to file as a resident alien? [ 1 Answers ]

I came to USA in August 2004 on F1 Visa. I graduated and change status to H1b visa from October 2007. Now, I got married and my hasband came to USA on January 2008 on H4 visa. I have my brothers whom I can claim as they have green card and not earning anything. I will have to wait till May 2008...

Is my home tax deductible if I paid cash [ 5 Answers ]

I think the title says it all. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

View more questions Search