Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2006, 10:24 PM
    Cherry juice
    I've heard good things about pure cherry juice. I've heard that it can cure headaches and a friend of mine says that her boyfriend swears by it he will usually drink a glass mixed with water once in the morning and once at night and he doesn't have the usual aches and pains anymore from his construction job.

My question is has anybody here had any experience with pure cherry juice and what was your feeling on it. Thanks.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 3, 2006, 10:29 PM
    Hmmm, I love cherries and have only heard they are good for reducing the effects of gout, but maybe that's related somehow Chuff. I like even cherry flavoured stuff like Chapstick but I don't think that would work on headaches LOL
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 4, 2006, 12:48 AM
    I have never tried them myself for such, but cherries do have a long history of use for such conditions. Quercetin is a primary compound in cherries, known to inhibit the production of prostaglandins -- responsible for pain and inflammation -- as well as histamine. They also lower blood urate levels in the case of gout:

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/comp...art_cherry.htm

An herb you might find somewhat useful as well is turmeric. Used extensively in Indian cooking, it is considered generally safe.
    jhardegr Posts: 25, Reputation: 5

Dec 4, 2006, 10:59 AM
    I have also heard that black cherry juice is good for the vascular system and can actually promote the growth of collateral veins. I don't have any evidence though.

Also, and aside to Thomas1970: I like and agree with the quote in your signature in principle, however, the devil's advocate in me can't help but point out that leaving boiled rice out for mice is also a good way to promote Bubonic Plague :p

--John
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    I've heard good things about pure cherry juice. I've heard that it can cure headaches and a friend of mine says that her boyfriend swears by it he will usually drink a glass mixed with water once in the morning and once at night and he doesn't have the usual aches and pains anymore from his constuction job.

My question is has anybody here had any experience with pure cherry juice and what was your feeling on it. Thanks.

I have used and did some resarch on cherry juice, because of the arthritis I have in my knee, and it does work. The health benefits include, natural relief from joint pain caused from gout, arthritis and joint inflammation. It contains melatomin, a hormone produced by the brians Pineal Gland-credited with slowing aging processes and fighting insomnia, even jet lag, The anthocyanin n bioflanoids help migraines they react with a similar activity to aspirin. They are rich in antioxidants which means they replace free radicals in your body before they can cause damage. They contain Veritrin, which is a anti-cancer agent, Ellagic acid which is a anticarcinogenic/antimutagenic compound, helps prevent cancer, and Perillyl alcohol which is a reducer of the occurrences of all types of cancer, it helps stop growth of cancer cells. Make sure that the cherry juice you get is from cherries, not just a cherry flavored drink, cherry concentrate is good.:cool:
    Sybersnott Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2007, 01:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelesspa
    I have used and did some resarch on cherry juice, because of the arthritis I have in my knee, and it does work. The health benefits include, natural relief from joint pain caused from gout, arthritis and joint inflammation.
    I had a friend from work that always complained about his gout. He would always say, "I guess I'm just gonna have to live with it". :mad:

Later on, I was in a GNC store and there was some Black Cherry juice on sale. The woman behind the counter said, "It's great for gout". I put two-and-two together and bought 2 bottles of the stuff for my friend at work, and asked him to try it.

About three weeks after that, he told me that his gout was gone - it had cleared up thanks to the Black Cherry juice. So you never know... :rolleyes:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 09:16 AM
    I wanted to add to all the good information above It is good for inflammation problems as mentioned above and is also good for digestion and lowering uric acid levels which lead to gout. You don't need to dilute it with water. The darker the cherries the better.
    vickywatts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 12:19 AM
    Gout is currently incurable, no miracle treatment exists. Technically speaking, there is no cure for gout, only preventative measures. However, I learned that by cutting out or eating less of certain foods, and more importantly, eating certain foods regularly can totally eliminate gout. I have not suffered through a gout attack in almost four years.

Announcing a secret weapon that is extremely effective in preventing gout, cherries. Consuming a decent amount of cherries on a daily basis will regulate your uric acid levels. Too much is what creates a gout attack. All of the different kinds of cherries can either be described as red cherries or dark cherries. Both are good.

This amazing fruit also acts as a natural anti-inflammatory and will reduce the effects of a gout attack, as well as prevent one. Cherries also contain things that keep the level of this acid in your body low, like analgesics and sedatives. They will aid your own body’s ability to get rid of the uric acid from your body. Melatonin is the all important ingredient found in all types of cherries that accomplishes this.

Of course, the high levels of fiber found in cherries aid in the fight against gout. Consuming a lot of fiber on a consistent basis will help your digestive system to naturally excrete this uric acid from your body. Additional pluses to the fruit are vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They get rid of crystalizing uric acid and offer many other health benefits in a variety of different areas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Limu juice [ 2 Answers ]

I am the ultimate skeptic. Like many of you, I have been burned by money making "opportunities," which did not make us any money.:mad: Over the years, we have become older and wiser--and more cautious. Our family has just begun a major detox; i.e. cleansing our bodies of impurities. Although...

Juice fasting [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. My question regards juice fasting. I did a 3 day juice fast three months ago, the purpose being to rest and cleanse the intestines, as I have done many times in the past. But this time I lost 15 lbs from an already slender frame(usually 145), and the weight hasn't come back. I look...

Cherry cabinets developing blemishes [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - About 18 months ago I installed new semi-custom cabinets in my kitchen. Just yesterday I noticed that the rings of the cherry are starting to turn very black. Even worse, blackish blemishes have formed on a couple of the cabinets, approximately 2" by 1/2" long. To the touch, it's...

Ornamental Cherry tree growing on one side only [ 4 Answers ]

I have an ornamental cherry tree that I purchased about 2 years ago and planted. When I got it I could see that one side of the main trunk didn't have any branches but figured it would fill out. Now, 2 years later, it's about 8 feet tall and still no growth on the one side. Any ideas?

Why we drink juice? [ 1 Answers ]

Please tell me: 1)Why we drink fruit juice?Why is it good for us? 2)Why we should drink juice in the morning.( for example not in the night) Please answer me completely and/or tell me where (On Internet) I can find more information. Regards

View more questions Search