Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mandyb Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 01:44 PM
    What dose he mean?
    My ex boyfriend and I were together for almost a year and a half. He left me for someone else while I just started college. 6 months go by, he calls me seeing how I was doing. He wanted to go out for coffee. After the conversation he text message me saying "I think about what did i did to us all the time" What dose he mean by that? Is he regreting everything he did to me?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 3, 2006, 02:04 PM
    Is he regreting everything he did to me?
    Of course he is, and I hope you are too busy to listen. His new g/f must have given him the boot.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2006, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Of course he is, and I hope you are too busy to listen. His new g/f must have given him the boot.
    Spot on Tal..

Totally agree, things did not work out after all..

The grass was not greener on the other side after all.

Would you let this guy back into your life now after he threw you to the wolves?

That is only for you to answer though and depends on 3 things:

1.) Are you willing to be second best? The second option.

2.) Do you want to be a doormat or revolving door for him?

3.) How forgiving are you?

Hope you make the right decision for you, and YOU alone...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2006, 02:08 PM
    Yes, whenever somebody has regrets about moving on to somebody else. This person he is with must not be the person for him or as Tal said has given him the boot and now he wants back with you. I hope you do not fall for it.

Joe
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2006, 02:36 PM
    Thanks for the rating on approving my advice jesushelper76,

I took this info and copy and pasted it from the website below becasue I believe that it has some useful information with regards to what we are discussing here and may help provide some insight.

http://sidtheory.wordpress.com/2006/...he-other-side/

All text below, copy and pasted from article in website link above (not written by myself)

***'Why are we never satisfied with what we have? And why, oh why does the grass always seem greener on the other side?

The answer is simple. When we observe other people's lives, it is usually only for a little while. And in that little while, we will probably see these people acting on their best behaviours, and we immediately form a good impression of them. All we usually get is a tiny inkling of how they really are, and most of the times, we like it. But, as you get to know someone better, you realise - hey, this person is messed up. They have all these problems and issues, small issues, but they have issues. WE ALL HAVE ISSUES! We are not perfect, we all say things we shouldn't, we all do things we shouldn't and we all make mistakes. We all fight, we all get pissed off at each other and we all sometimes want to leave. But, we should try to remember, your next relationship or marriage will also have problems, in fact you will have new problems and you will have to find new ways of dealing with them. Don't get me wrong, if your relationship or marriage is just bad, then by all means - move on, but if it is mostly good, then try to ignore the small stuff - it will be beneficial.

While it always does seem like the grass is greener on the other side, just remember - when you get to the other side, you just may want to come back….'***

Geoffersonairplane: Now does this not now give you a reasonable explanation as to why he now decides he wants you to know he has regrets?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2006, 02:39 PM
    It's hard to say. If you want to know what he means, your best bet is to just ask him yourself.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2006, 03:18 PM
    I wouldn't ask him.

I wouldn't let him back in your life.

Don't jump because he says jump.

You have moved on and have grown into a person that is better then to let some old news back into your life just because something is missing in his life.

Do you want to let him do the same thing to you all over again?

Continue to move forward, not backwards.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2006, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffersonairplane
    Spot on Tal..

Totally agree, things did not work out after all..

The grass was not greener on the other side after all.

Would you let this guy back into your life now after he threw you to the wolves?

That is only for you to answer though and depends on 3 things:

1.) Are you willing to be second best? The second option.

2.) Do you want to be a doormat or revolving door for him?

3.) How forgiving are you?

Hope you make the right decision for you, and YOU alone...
    Well I tried to rate you Geoff, but I had to spread it. Instead I'm taking the lazy way out for my response and saying to Mandy, Re-read everything Geoff posted. It's very inciteful.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2006, 03:32 PM
    We have a saying here, “The grass may be greener on the other side - but it's just as hard to cut.” And when the adventurer discovers that, they usually try to backtrack. It will be your choice and your choice alone as to whether you give him a second chance or not.

My rule is that I will hold my hand out to you once and if you hit it away, I will hold it out again, if you hit it away again - that's it, end of the story - right or wrong I don't hold my hand out a third time. In other words everyone deserve a second chance - but that's all. Mess with me once shame on you, mess with me twice shame on me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My best fiiend took a lethal dose of amphetamine [ 10 Answers ]

May I take a moment to reflect back to a moment in my life when I heard the tragic news of a very very dear friend of mine. She loved life and everything about it, Health and Fitness, Nature, Animals, and so on. She loved partying too. Don't we all? She was such an inspiration to me and I...

How Long Dose It Take A Probation Violation To Go Through ? [ 3 Answers ]

I Know I Have Made Quite A Few Posts On Here An Im Sorry Im Just So Worried I Hope Some One That Truly Knows What They Are Talking About Can Answer My Question Soon . I Got A Owi While On Probation My Po Said She Wasn't Violating Me As Long As I Went To Classes An I Didn't Get Arrested Again An I...

Dose he still care about me? [ 1 Answers ]

OK. So my boyfriend and I were dating for almost 6 months. And I thought things were going great.he seemed happy and normal. And even on the day he broke up with me he said he really loved me and would always love me. But if he loves me then why did he break up with me? He said that I was to...

Why dose he come around saying he still wants to be with me? [ 13 Answers ]

About 4 years ago I was in a really good realshionship with a brilliant guy even though I was young I thought he was the one and that it would last forever although he later finished it for one reason or another, since we spilt up all that time ago we have kept in contact well not close contact but...

View more questions Search