Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gregorioz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 02:48 AM
    My toyota camry turned off while I was driving
    My lights turn on my dash board "battery" "break" and back "tail lights" when I turned on the car sometimes it turns off and then thiers times it stays on all the time .
    I had an old battery and I thiught this was the problem since the car left me on the freeway once... I put a new battery in and thought this would help and it did for the first day or so and the light turned on againg... afterwards the head light and all lights inside began to dim slowly until the car ran slowly and sort of forcing its self to run and then tugging to the point of stoping slowly and having the car die on me... I had my brother bring me a new battery and it started right up and yes the same dash borad lights came up and it ran good on the freeway for about 15 miles and once I got home near a stop sign it began to slowly die forcing it self to some what move slowly and then loose power and die... what could be wrong my problem?
    rayne3rr0r Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jan 18, 2010, 04:13 AM

Its possible that's it's a bad alternator I recommend taking your car or your alternator up to auto zone or O'reillys for a free test of that part
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2010, 06:53 AM

. Replace alternator.

. Remove and fully charge the battery.

Most auto parts stores will test alternators and test/charge batteries for free.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2010, 02:30 PM

Agreed on bad alternator. It is not charging the battery or suppliing current to the cars electrical loads.
    It needs replacing asap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota camry 1996 engine shut off while driving [ 10 Answers ]

My 1996 toyota camry's engine shut off on me twice already now while driving. Does any one have any idea what could be wrong. The milage is about 160,000. 2.4 liter engine.

Would an o2 censor cause toyota camry to shut off while driving [ 9 Answers ]

Car shuts off while driving but than starts up again, does it while in slow traffic or coming to stop lights

97 Toyota Camry 4cyl. While driving it Died! [ 7 Answers ]

97 Toyota Camry 4cyl. While driving it Died! While driving it stalled and came to a stop. It was spurting like it was going to run out of gas (before it died) but the tank is 3/4 full. While trying to start it up again it sounds like the starter is just spinning. All the Belts turn while trying...

Couls a bad battery cause my toyota camry quite running while driving [ 4 Answers ]

Could a bad battery cause my 1997 toyota camry to quit running while driving

93 toyota camry [ 2 Answers ]

My camry will run and cut off while driving it. Then it won't start for up to 45 minutes. The problem is consististent. It just turns over like it wants to start but nothing. At times it won't even make any noise.

View more questions Search