Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacoblynn18 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 03:12 PM
    How do I get a felony charge 2907.04 reduced to a misdemanor
    I have been charged with contributeing to the deliquency of a minor and unlawful sexual conduct of a minor yesterday night. I haven't been to court yet. She told me that she was 15 and I am 18.When I was arrested I had found out that she was 13 years old. I have read in a fourm that if you are within 4 years of age for it to be droped to a misdemanor. With her telling me that she was 15 is it possible to get it lowered from a felony. It is also the first thing that I am ever charged with. I had a perfectly clean record before this innociden and I still currently in high school.The second thing I was charged with is the deliquency of a minor. The police told me that that was a felony but a paper that the erie couminity jail states that it is a misdemanor in the 1st degree. She is also a ward of the state. Is there anything I can do to get it lowered before I get setenced. The contributeing to a minor is beating tried under family court and the charge 2907.04 is beaing tried in criminal court
    rainacidbeer Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Jan 17, 2010, 03:34 PM

Your bigger concern is seeing if there some chance of not having to register as a sex offender, they're misdemeanor sexual charges that will place you on a sex offender list. Which will give you endless amount of trouble. They might offer you probation,some type of diversion if it's a sexual charge then you will be still be stuck on the sex offender list.

If your felony are low level ones,it depends they could reduce it to a misdemeanor. Your lawyer can help you arrange some type of deal. Maybe reduce it to Corruption of a minor which is a misdemeanor. Be careful whatever you plead and what future problems it may cause.

http://www.faycoso.com/sex_offender.htm

Jan 17, 2010, 04:35 PM

How can I get it switched from a sex offender crime to a crime that won't put me on the sex offender list
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 04:43 PM
    I am assuming by Erie Community, you are in Ohio or Pennsylvania. Correct?

If so, even if she was 15, it is still a crime as the minimum age of consent in both states is 16.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 04:57 PM

Yes it is a crime even if 15, so that is not much of a defense, your only chance is a good attorney who will try and work out a plea agreement

This is far more seroius than you seem to understand, it can mean you will be a registered sex offender the rest of your life, your photo may be listed as such, and your name publicly available as such.

This can happen even with her at 15.

And not all places have the 4 year rule, so it is not a for sure.

So the only good advice is, get the best attorney you can hire

Jan 17, 2010, 07:30 PM

It is in Ohio.I understand the severity of the crime..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 07:34 PM

I have been invovled in one case here in GA, the boy was 18, the girl 14, he is doing 8 years in prison and maybe make parole after 4.

I don't have any really good advice, since this is one where they like to throw the book at you, a good attorney who has experience in this area, would be my only advice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal Damage to Property: Charge reduced? [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of a nasty divorce. On April 1 my built-up anger and rage exploded in me doing damage to my soon-to-be-exhusband's condo. I put a few dents in a wall with a shoe, made a dent in the vinyl flooring in his kitchen, wrecked a TV by pulling it from the wall, and pulled 3 screens off...

Chances Of getting my embezzlement charge reduced? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so here's the story. I am 19 years old, and was a cashier at a target in California. I made the idiotic stupid mistake of stealing from my register. Not once not twice but 4 times. I took a total of $800 and I already paid back $100. I got arrested and am getting charged with embezzlement...

Can I get felony reduced to misdemeanor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I wanted to find out if a felony can be reduced to a misdemeanor 2nd degree assaut was the felony charge. And how soon should a person do that... my public defender told me we should wait till I finish my probation which was for 3 years paid my restituition. The attorney said it is a one time...

Gun purchase after felony reduced to misdemeanor [ 18 Answers ]

Complicated questions. 6 almost 7 years I was convicted of aggravated battery. 60 days county jail and the remainder of a year on probation. With restitution and court fee's the be paid before release from probation. I completed probation with no blemish's and paid restitution on...

View more questions Search