Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Neha1891 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Is Vaginal Discharge before period a sign of Pregnancy
    Hi All,

I had my periods on 14th of sept and is due on 9 or 10th of oct as I usually go 5 days up every month, since 2 days I'm feeling a white vaginal discharge in my panty all the time, and I don't have any itching, or burning sensation or vaginal infection there, neither do I have any symptoms of pregnancy like back ache, stomach ache, drowsyness nothing , I'm very much normal. But would still like to know is that assign of pregnancy Please let me know about it at the earliest as I'm very tensed because of it

Appreciate a quick response on this

Thank you
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 02:23 PM

My period is extremely random. I have discharge randomly, and my period comes generally around the same time each month but it most always varies. I never heard that discharge is a sign of pregnancy though.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 07:35 PM

The discharge is actually as ign of where you are in your menstrual cycle the thick white discharge represents an infertile time.

Thin and stretchy clear discharge represents a fertile time etc.

Look up "Billing's method" on wikipedia, this will help you.
    CrissyDi Posts: 250, Reputation: 5

Oct 24, 2008, 10:01 PM

It can be a sign of pregnancy, so I've read, and it can also be a normal occurrence before and after a menstrual cycle. So, don't consider it to me that you are automatically pregnant.
    Leelo Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2008, 11:11 AM

I know right before my period I discharge a bit, as well as right after. If you haven't had it happen to you before, it could be because your body is changing. Don't automatically think your pregnant. I have read in some cases slight discharge can mean you might be pregnant. But, I'd just wait it out until the missed or delayed period before I'd go to stressing about it.
    mcrunner Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Oct 27, 2008, 05:32 PM

During the middle of your menstrual cycle (about 2 weeks after the start of your period) is when you ovulate. The ovulation period can last about 5 days or so and during this time you may experience some vaginal discharge. The egg is actually present for only about 24 hours and during this time the discharge is generally clear and stretchy. This makes it easier for the sperm to travel and reach the egg to fertilize it. This discharge is a normal occurrence. From your timeline, it seems that this would be the cause because it was approximately at the 2 week mark.

I was confused about this myself a while back, so I did some research, and since then, I've realized that it usually happens at the same time every month for me (around 2 weeks after the start of my period).

Hope this helps.
    nikkibear188 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 07:29 AM
    I am 12 and have a lot of discharge.Its usually yellow ish white.does this mean I am getting my peirod?
    nikkibear188 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 07:31 AM

Never mind about that ?
    PLEASEHELP1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 03:34 PM
    I have a question. My boyfriend and I were messing around. I was supposed to get my period yesterday or today. I still don't have it. Could I be pregnant? We had foreplay and anal with no condom.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2010, 05:33 PM

If there was any way for semen to have contact with a vagina, yes, you could be pregnant. Why don't you start your own thread?
    PLEASEHELP1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 05:45 PM
    No thank you, I'd rather not. I'm not sure if there was contact or not.
    Kaur13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 11:55 AM
    I also had contact with my boyfriend, no intercourse though. There was no ''fluid'' from either of us but I still took the morning after pill because I felt so scared and so guilty. Ive done 2 pregnancy tests so far, both negative, and I've had 3 periods after all that at the same time every month and all normal-currently expecting my fourth.. still worried that I could be pregnant, and that the bleeding could be implantation bleeding. What do you guys think?
    CrissyDi Posts: 250, Reputation: 5

Mar 20, 2010, 10:21 PM

Kaur13, I would say that you are NOT pregnant. Implantation bleeding does not occur every month... just during that first month of implantation. If you are having regular cycles, then you are NOT pregnant. Rest easy.
    Kaur13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2010, 10:03 AM
    I am now expecting my fifth period since the incident. I have reado so so many places that implantation bleeding can last up to 8 months? And since I am on the pill for my skin, is that pill the cause of my period?

Im still so worried and this all happened in dec 2009.

Thank yoooou..
    Period_help Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 03:22 PM
    Comment on PLEASEHELP1234's post
    Yes you probably would be pregnant ifyou issed you period and used no condom having sex if I were you I would try a pregnancy test x
    wewe18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 03:30 AM
    What happened? Did you(Neha) get pregnant? Please answer.
    michelelee1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2011, 02:11 PM
    14 days before my period and I'm leaking a discharge I think its clear and sticky can I be pregnant my brest hurt I'm tired all the time I have mood swings my boobs age changing they are darker
    amg268 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2011, 06:29 AM
    During pregnancy, I know it is normal to experience some white mucus type discharge, due to changes in the cervix. But unless infection is present, there is little or no discharge after conception.
    niblitz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2011, 06:00 PM
    Lol this was such an entertaining thread. Thank you, everyone.
    jepjeptan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2011, 05:33 AM
    I had an unsafe sex on August 22. The day after my period. And that night I took my first tablet of pill. On sept. I did a pregnancy test and it was negative .few days after I had my period around sept. 17-21. . On my 3rd day of mentration I took a pill again.(sept 19). I am in my fifth day of vitamin in the pll now and I'm very wrried.. I am having a white discharge and on oct 9th. On my last yellow pill I had a brown discharge once. I taught it will be my period but it never continue. I am afraid if I'm pregnant. Could it ba posible that I am?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1 week delayed period with mild brownish discharge and negative pregnancy test. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, We have been planning for pregnancy and I usually take duphaston.and within a week of taking duphaston I would normally get my period if I'm not pregnant.but this month my period got delayed for a week and then I had some mild brownish discharge yesterday.when I did the pregnancy test this...

Brown vaginal discharge and cramping after period [ 5 Answers ]

My last period was from the 28th Dec07 to around 3rd Jan08, it was pretty light and not much cramps. The one before this was from the Nov27 -Dec4 07.I don't know exactly when or if I ovulate.I'm not normally late, but rather much earlier than the typical 28days. Yesterday, I saw a light brown...

Brown Vaginal Discharge - 2 weeks after period [ 4 Answers ]

I am not sexually active (never had intercourse), but my menstrual cycle hasn't been regular for the past month. In the past month or so, I had 2 subsequent periods with only a 2 week interval (ovulation period) between each--my last real period (red blood) was a lighter flow than usual, and ended...

Missed period, Brown Discharge, Negative Pregnancy Test. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am 23 years old Married with one child (1 years old). I always get my period every 28 days maybe one day before or after but never longer then 2 days. After a couple of days of my missed period I had a brown discharge. At first I thought it could be my period but it never came. I now have...

Brown vaginal discharge a week before period [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Im 20 years old. Just recently a week before my period is due I've experienced small amount of brown discharge, I could wear a liner and it have nothing on it by the end of the day. It only happens sometimes when I wipe, its never happened to me before. Ive only had two sex partners, Ive had...

View more questions Search