Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    queenofmyland Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 06:54 PM
    I have a ritetemp gas space heater and it's not working
    The pilot light is lit until the blowing cycle goes off then it doesn't work . The electric ignitor doesn't work anymore. I have to light it manually.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 07:28 PM

What kind of electric lighter do you have. Is it a spark system or a hot surface ignitor. And is you pilot normally lit all the time or just when your thermostat is turned up?
    Let me know.
    queenofmyland Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 08:46 PM
    I usually have a electric ignitor for the pilot light but it's broken so now I do it manually. The pilot light usually stays on all the time when in use. The problem is that the pilot light goes out after the blower goes off. I have it set up right now where the heater stays on all the time and the blower doesn't come on at all. Also sometimes the pilot light goes off after I turn it down. I've talked to RiteTemp but they say they only do thermostats. I don't know where to go to find parts or if the company who made it is still in business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ritetemp Heater Thermostat Resetting Temp to 62 [ 1 Answers ]

My Ritetemp thermostat suddenly started randomly resetting the temperature to 62 degrees one day about a month ago. I can't figure out why or how to find where in its database (what days/times) it thinks should be at 62 degrees. When it first happened I noticed that the batteries were dying,...

Heater was working, turn gas off & now gas on, now heater not working [ 1 Answers ]

It's a new unit installed this march, gas company turned off gas for a month. Now gas company turn gas on. Now heater or ac not wrking. When switch to fan on, fan comes on but when unit is switch to heat or ac, no air comes out, nothing happends. Any suggestion or advise? Thank your in advance..

Gas Heater not working correctly [ 3 Answers ]

After reading the guide I believe it may be overheating. The digital thermostat will go blank after running for 10 min or so and the display will turn back on in about 20min. The system is not able to keep the house over 60F. I don't think it has been cleaned in the 4 years I've lived there...

Stubby gas water heater in crawl space [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have the same deal as Labman from a year ago, with a natural gas water heater in crawl space. I seem to have about 41-42" of clearance from the floor to the ceiling. My water heater is broken though. I am trying to look for a replacement and can't seem to find any with my height....

Gas water heater in a crawl space? [ 7 Answers ]

I am looking for a gas hot water heater I can instal in a crawl space. I have 3-4 feet of headroom. It needs to be big enough to supply all the hot water for a 4 bedroom house. However the water system does not supply enough water for 2 showers at once. Bosh makes a tankless heater that would...

View more questions Search