Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ciecie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 10:57 PM
    itchy red bumps on arms and legs
    OK so I have had these stupid itchy bumps on my legs and arms for a little and I would like to know why, its driving me nuts, they arnt everywhere, just random places. Oh and they are all different sizes and red, just red and friggin itchy, like mosquito bites but I know there not
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 12:21 AM
    Hi ciecie,

It could be any number of things!
    Maybe your allergic to something, are you on any medication that might cause this reaction?
    Have you recently changed your usual washing powder or fabric softener? Could be soap or body spray.Can you think of anything that you have used over the past few weeks that you haven't used before?. it could be anything at all.
    Have you bought a new miosturizer ?

It could possibly be a household product... polish,air freshener, washing up liquid,toilet cleaner... absolutely anything at all.!

Maybe you've recently bought a new item of clothing that you are allergic to, or your eating something that doesn't agree with you!

If you can discount all of the above, then I would advise you go and see your GP and he can give you the correct medication to hopefully clear this up.

Takecare.
    lindseyy_s2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Aug 21, 2009, 01:52 PM
    I have the same thing. And it really started of no where, and I really would like to know also what it is..
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 07:46 PM
    It sounds like a rash. Try going to the store and buy a good topical rash medication.
    JaimieFox86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Oct 1, 2009, 07:55 AM
    I have the same thing! Its on my legs, arms and hips. Someone told me it could be bed bugs but I have seen no trace of them. Its starting to freak me out, I haven't changed anything in my house. You can barely see the bumps but you can feel them and they are worse at night. Urg
    spangoriya Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Oct 5, 2009, 01:54 AM
    They are most probably infections arising due to waterborne disease.They can be pox,chickenpox and they shall disappear in around 5-7 days
    shelva40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Oct 6, 2009, 05:20 PM
    I've had them just on my arms and its lasted at least three years. I get them worse at night, but I'm not in bed. So I don't
    Think they're bed bugs. It feels like there are worms crawling under my skin. I have to take benedryl all the time. Is it maybe related to menopause?
    bethwilk Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2009, 04:26 PM
    It may be a rash called Pityryasis Rosea
    It is really rare, I think I have it now, just suddenly came out of no-where! Looked down and my legs were cobered with itchy red bumps. I don't know if doctors really know about it. The rash has no cure, and it can last from a few weeks to a few months. Might be good to go to your doctor and mention this rash?
    That's what I am doing tomorrow =] xxx
    itchyman Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Dec 26, 2009, 12:53 AM
    I have had red itchy bumps on the inside of my arms and the backs of my legs. The red bumps have moved to my torso and flanks, neck both front and back. I don't have them on my face or head yet. It's 12-26 and I don't know if I can wait for my GP to open. Any advice to reduce the itch?
    Dan
    itchitchtch Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Jan 14, 2010, 08:02 PM
    Samee! They're up to my chin but not on my face. Showers are UNBEARABLE they burn so bad, yet I still can barely see them! I went on vacation for 2 weeks and they went away but as soon as I got back they reappeard. I've changed my sheets but I haven't used any different lotions/detergents/perfumes.
    weezerks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 05:45 PM
    http://www.skinsight.com/adult/keratosisPilaris.htm check out that website the bumps are a skin condition called Keratosis Pilaris
    weezerks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by weezerks View Post
    http://www.skinsight.com/adult/keratosisPilaris.htm check out that website the bumps are a skin condition called Keratosis Pilaris
    I searched on-line for the same reason and found that this website has answered my question or provides treatment. I believe it is caused by dry skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Little bumps on back of legs and arms? [ 8 Answers ]

I don't exactly know what these are... my mom said that it could be exema or something. I have read that people get rid of them in the summer, but mine never go away. I've had them for about 4 years, and I'm honestly sick of them. Please don't hesitate to help me. :)

Itchy legs [ 6 Answers ]

Just got back from Dominican Republic and I'm finding my legs are really itchy. They are breaking out in lumps and these lumps are very itchy. It's almost like a insect bite but I can't see where I would get it and why my legs and no where else. Any suggestions of what I could do to get rid of this...

Bumps/Lumps on Arms, Legs, Stomach and Back. [ 1 Answers ]

I have raised bumps on arms, legs, stomach and back. If you look at my arms they look normal, but when you feel them I feel like there are several internal bumps from button sized to a size of dime. They are a bit painful. But not sure what these are. Any idea? Again you will know that I have bumps...

Thin skin on arms & legs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The skin on my arms and legs is getting really thin. I am 57. Is there any skin cream or Supplements to take to help thicken the skin? Thanks, Tobyjoe

Numbness in arms and legs [ 1 Answers ]

What causes numbness in the arms and legs?

View more questions Search