Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    munji Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 11:15 AM
    2002 Honda Accord Radio Error
    This question was asked by another user but I have the same problem:

--I recently replaced my battery and immediately after that I had stereo problems. The LED on the stereo says there is an error and also my alarm light is blinking in the upper left-hand corner of the stereo. I'm not sure if changing the battery caused problems with the stereo or alarm system. It seems all it needs is a reset code or set of instructions but the manual didn't mention anything. Stereo and alarm are from the dealer (stock).
    Belair427 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2006, 04:05 PM
    Changing the battery has triggered the audio antitheft system. In your owners manual there should be a card similar to a credit card that has the radio unlock code and directions for doing so. If you do not have this card you will have to have the radio removed to get the serial number for the dealer to access records and get your code. This can be tricky as the dealers do not generally like to give this info unless you pay them for the radio removal and reinstall. A good independent technician with contacts to a dealer should be able to do this for you for a little less money than the dealer if you are unable to do it yourself. Hope this helps, good luck.
    Curt
    MikeMoss Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Mar 25, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Hi

You should not have to remove the radio.
    Try this...

With the radio turned off press and hold the 1 and 6 preset keys.
    While holding them both down turn the radio on.

The radio should display the radio serial number in to parts.
    The first four numbers and then the second 4 numbers.
    Write them down.

Call your Honda dealer and give them this number plus you VIN and they will give you the unlock code.

Mike
    ddollinger Posts: 145, Reputation: 12

Mar 25, 2008, 12:39 PM
    Just went through the same process and Mike is exactly right. If the Honda dealer gives you any flack then just call another Honda dealer. The first dealer I talked to told me I had to come in and give him everything but my shoe size and show him paperwork to back it up. I called another dealer and after giving him the VIN and Serial Number he gave me the code, no "more" questions asked.

By the way. If you try to enter the wrong code 3 times it locks you out. If it won't display the serial number when turning on stereo with the 1 and 6 preset buttons depressed, unhook your battery for about 10 minutes and then hook it back up and it will reset the stereo. Also, keep the unlock code as you will no doubt need it again in the future.

If this ANSWER helped you please rate it.
    illmatic75 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMoss View Post
    Hi

Try this...

Write them down.

Call your Honda dealer and give them this number plus you vin number and they will give you the unlock code.

Mike

Thanks mike for the info... would definitely try it first thing tomoroow... :)

p.s sorry for being illterate but what is a VIN? :confused:

Jan 6, 2009, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by illmatic75 View Post
    thanks mike for the info....would definately try it first thing tomoroow.... :)

p.s sorry for being illterate but what is a VIN number ?? :confused:

Duh!! Scratch that hehe just googled it :rolleyes:

Jan 7, 2009, 05:01 PM

Umm just to update, tried the suggestions by mike, worked like a charm and then followed,ddollingers advise...

Called, honda leeds, northallerton and bradford... one wanted the car with my documents to show I was the owner the rest said it would cost me around 15-25 £!!

Finally called honda york, who were kind enough to gimme the code for free... so the noral of the story is keep on trying...

Thanks guys!!

Jan 25, 2009, 10:09 PM

Glad it worked for you illmatic75, you would not believe the stories I have heard and the prices some have paid to get their code. Just for kicks and giggles open your glove box and look on the side. Sometimes there is sticker there or on the drivers side door jamb with the numbers on it. Only problem is they were not consistent on the older vehicles and "if there is one" it could be nearly anywhere including in the engine compartment but the 3 most likely places "if there is one" are: Side of glove compartment door, drivers side door jamb, on the inside of the fuse panel door.

Jan 25, 2009, 10:11 PM
    Should have preference that with this info as well. The code will be preceded by one or two alpha characters. The numbers that follow are the unlock code.
    LILLY124 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2009, 02:28 PM
    2002 honda accord ex radio code
    Look inside your glove box
    Call dealer tell him the numbers
    It will be four numbers then you have a radio.
    If you check engine light comes on
    Hold down the speedometor button turn on car still holding down
    The button and it will go away.

This is from a single girl that had to learn the hard way
    Also if you pop your hood the codes are under the black fuse cover.
    kallen810 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 06:32 AM
    Thank you for all of the information! The 1 and 6 definitely works, you don't have to call around to all of the dealers, if you just call the honda customer service they will verify all of your information (it helps if you are sitting in your car when you call) and they will give you the code. I had a great experience with their customer service department.
    BlkHonda2002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMoss View Post
    Hi

Try this...

Write them down.

Call your Honda dealer and give them this number plus you vin number and they will give you the unlock code.

Mike
    Jus wnt 2 let everyone know this does work!! Thanks MIKE!!
    TANDY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 12:28 PM
    Thanks a lot you guys are so cool. Found my code in the glove box 5 digit numbers.
    Under my nose all the while. Just swith the radio on, enter the code.. Magic Radio.
    Darla63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2012, 05:56 AM
    Hello, I had this problem after replacing my new used Honad Accord 02, I was able to find the codes from pressing the 1&6 buttons then took pictures of the codes with my iPhone BUT every Honda dealer in CT wants me to pay for the code or bring my car in which will cost $$ . Can anyone tell me the dealer they got a free code from?
    Thank you for your time & help,
    Dar
    kathywelch85 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2012, 10:23 AM
    I have a radio issue with my 2002 Honda accord that I just purchased. The radio works but no sound. I have checked all fuses and speaker connections everything fine , but I have been on line and see that a lot of people are having this issue but there is no recall because American Honda says they have not heard anything about this problem and unless enough people call they won't recall it! So if you are having this problem you need to call American Honda @1-800-999-1009 and have your V.I.N. ready.

Apr 6, 2012, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LILLY124 View Post
    2002 honda accord ex radio code
    Look inside your glove box
    Call dealer tell him the numbers
    It will be four numbers then you have a radio.
    If you check engine light comes on
    Hold down the speedometor button turn on car still holding down
    The button and it will go away.

This is from a single girl that had to learn the hard way
    Also if you pop your hood the codes are under the black fuse cover.
    Hi Lily I am having a Problem with my check engine light coming on,I don't know what speedometer button you are talking about .Please explain. Thanks Kathy

Apr 6, 2012, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kathywelch85 View Post
    Hi Lily I am having a Problem with my check engine light coming on,I don't know what speedometer button you are talking about .Please explain. Thanks Kathy
    If anyone can help me with the radio problem please write! Radio goes on no sound fuses and speaker connections checked!
    tonydoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 10:19 PM
    I have held the 1 and 6 down and it read U 1113 L0121, but I need the unlock code. Please help
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2012, 06:19 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...es-695119.html
    Spec4fayardmil Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2013, 06:49 AM
    @ kathy welch if you have a good connection to all your speakers but have no sound it may be that you have a busted speaker or an internal radio problem.keep in mind you have tweeters as well and it could be one of those little boggers that have gone out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Honda Accord Radio [ 2 Answers ]

Radio works but cannot see display.

Honda accord radio problem [ 2 Answers ]

98 honda accord ex... anti theft light is blinking, but nothing shows on the display. I think "code" is supposed to show in the display and then I enter the code and the radio is supposed to come on. If the display is blanK, could that indicate another problem with the radio?

2002 Honda Accord elec. Problem [ 3 Answers ]

Since March my '02 accord shuts off & on while I'm driving it at random.I took it to a dealership & they said it was the ignition wiring harness, they replaced it & it had been OK... until last Friday, when it started shuting off & on again.It does it at random times, and as time goes on it does it...

View more questions Search