Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rainerdahm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 12:19 PM
    I have a central ac unit system. The cooling works but the heater doesn't run.
    I have a central ac unit system in an apartment. Heating doesn't work,(NOT GAS OPERATED). Just hear a click sound on the inside part of the system when I switch the thermostat to the heating position but nothing happens.I also switched it to fan position but just air comes out but no heat. I wonder what and where the problem could be. The Unit outside on the balcony is new.Where is the heating element, on the outside unit or on the inside part of the central air where the filter is at. Thanks.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2010, 02:33 PM
    Does this (not gas operated) furnace have a brand name and model number?
    teasemelater Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 06:10 PM
    I have the same that happened to me... you just hear a click when turning on the heater and nothing happens. I have a Carrier 8000 and what is wrong with mine is there's a about 3" brown fan right above where the furnace lights up... I believe it's called a fan motor but I’m not sure which is my reason how I ended up here at this website.. but anyway... if you turn that fan toward the left you would find that it is stuck and you might be able to loosen by turning it as it worked for me. That bought me about 2 weeks of time until now which I need to replace it because it won't even turn anymore when turning on my heater. So I am now looking up the nameof that part that I believe is a fan motor so I can replace it. Hope this helps you determine your problem that you’re having there. Good Luck!

Jan 11, 2010, 06:53 PM
    I found what the part I needed which is a Coupling motor and it costs $21.99. I found it at this website at..

2-05926 - Part Info at Appliance Factory Parts

Copy and paste above address on your browser if you want to see that website. It is called "Appliance Factory Parts" which sells all brands of appliance parts and gives support. Hope this helps.

Jan 11, 2010, 06:57 PM

Opps.. OK forget about copy and paste. The addy didn't go through right, just click on where the part number and info it shows and that will take you there.

Jan 11, 2010, 08:05 PM
    OK last time.. forget on the part I said I need a "Coupling motor"... that's wrong.. Im guessing on this other part but Im not going to say until I know Im right. Sorry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Air Conditioning Unit Not Cooling [ 9 Answers ]

Last night my temperature was set on 77 degrees on my Central AC towards the end of the night, the house started getting hotter, I looked at the AC Thermostat and it read 83 degrees in the home and it never cooled off. This morning it still read 83 degrees and still warm and I turned the Central AC...

Changed from separate cooling & heating unit to combined unit [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mobile home & when it was set up in 96 we had separate cooling & heating units run off one thermostat. We had a 3 ton ac unit & an electric furnace inside for heat. This past summer we bought a 4.5 ton ac & heating combined unit. We hooked up to wiring that old ac unit was hooked up to...

Mobile home cooling unit not cooling [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a couple of mobile homes for rental properties. When we hade them inspected they said everything was in working order. When we moved in a tenet the first thing they complained about was that the a/c was not cooling during the day, but at night it was fine. We sent out a...

Central A/C Unit (Goodman)Blower won't run! [ 8 Answers ]

Im am a new home owner.Know nothingabout central A?C's.I went to start it up yesterday and the unit kicks on outside but the blower won't blow anything out of the ducts any idea thanks!

Central Gas Heater, Works Erraticly [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I live in an older, rather drafty home that is centrally heated by a gas furnace, with a simple digital(honeywell) thermostat. When I moved in the heater seemed to be working normally, but suddenly it seemed that it wouldn't come on. Even though the therm was set at 70 and the temp read...

View more questions Search