Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sookey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 10:12 PM
    Self help ways to detox from meth
    I am thinking about detoxing from meth but this time my youngest son wants to document every thing and video tape me daily. He wants to be there for me do you think this is a wise thing to do.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2010, 04:24 PM

Absolutely not. This is a private thing and should you for whatever reason not continue getting clean on your own your son might consider "selling" your story/video to who knows who. Great idea in theory but not a good idea in reality. Plus you may not be your prettiest while going through detox. Look at smokers who become extremely aggitated. Look at drug addicts who become aggitated and end up slugging somebody out of frustation or whatever. Are you ready to have sonny use the video as evidence against you after you've put his lights out? I don't know. It's up to you, of course, in the end but I for one really don't think this is such a hot idea. This is not the TV series A&E Intervention here, you know. If your son wants to watch meth addicts I would recommend that he watch a few episodes of that series and leave you and your problem alone.
    Strix Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 04:04 AM

To begin with, detox is not something you should tackle on your own. There are plenty of agencies that can help you with the process, and that is the path you should be following--even if you have no insurance, by the way. Some agencies work as non-profit institutions and have a sliding scale for fees. Do NOT allow yourself to be videotaped in case you still decide to detox on your own.
    free will Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 05:50 AM
    I feel a little differently about the subject. Obviously this parent/child relation has already over stepped some boundries. To me it seems the child knows about the situation, has been active in your life while you are in your addiction and is willing to endure the pain of detox with you. Documenting this on film might in the future save a life or at least opens some eyes to what can happen if the first snort/hit or shot is taken. I'm all for the family effort.
    BethVader Posts: 92, Reputation: 9

Jul 30, 2012, 01:10 AM
    You need rehab. Meth is one of the HARDEST drugs to detox from, even with help.
    You cannot successfully do it alone. Seek help from County Mental Health.
    Good Luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The source of detox [ 2 Answers ]

What causes the cramps,insomnia,cold sweats during oxycotin detox

Detox Necessary? [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend is getting ready for a lifestyle change. She has eaten fast food and not done regular exercise for quite some time due to depression. She is currently being treated for depression and now wants to take better care of herself. She is not going on a "diet", but more of just watching...

Ways to Detox off Crystal Meth [ 36 Answers ]

Read First: Hey everyone first I will write a little bit about me and if you want you can skip that and go to the very end for the basic Question. Im looking for people who have actually had an addition to crystal meth and not people who think they understand what or how it feels (because you...

Colon detox [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best and safe way to detox your colon and intestines. I have IBS with constipation and I heard that detoxing your insides will help you to get back on track. Ive tried eating fruits and vegis and I've taken Metamucil, Fiber One, Citricell etc.. Nothing seems to work. So I figured I'd...

View more questions Search