Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jan 2, 2010, 07:06 PM
    What is a pirate smile?
    I know of at least two songs that talk about a girl having a 'pirate smile.' unfortunately, I think the reference is lost on me. I have no idea what a 'pirate smile' looks like.

Was it a pop culture reference of the time that just went out of fashion, like 'bette davis eyes?'

When I googled it, all I found were lyrics for songs, blogs, smileys wearing eye patches, and other equally useless items.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2010, 12:08 PM

Just found your thread...

I googled too, and came up with many like those:

Google Image Result for http://image38.webshots.com/38/3/33/91/2661333910086364712WwyEEG_fs.jpg

Google Image Result for http://softeuropean.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/metro2.jpg
    Experts

Jan 7, 2010, 02:51 PM

So it's someone who's missing a front tooth?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 07:34 PM

Not sure HH, I think it is more the wide eyed look with a suspicious smile. Kind of like in the movie Treasure Island when the pirate was being devious...
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2010, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    so it's someone who's missing a front tooth?
    Well, that was my guess... :)
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 01:58 PM

Maybe like a gold digger kind of smile? (you know, pirates looking for booty?) Or maybe like a girl with gold teeth?. ( - not tacky at all ;))
    Experts

Jan 28, 2010, 02:18 PM

Those don't really seem to make sense within the context of the songs, but they're as good a guess as any *shrugs*
    scarberryt Posts: 71, Reputation: 15

Jan 30, 2010, 07:00 AM

I think it is more like a smile where one side of the mouth is lower than the other.Like when a Pirate says arr...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Early 90's show about a pirate ghost [ 3 Answers ]

This has been driving me nuts for a while: Does anyone remember the title of a show, late 80's/early 90's, only last one year, where a guy buys or inherits a house in the Caribbean and discovers it is haunted by the ghost of a black pirate. The two team up, the living guy dresses up and pretends...

80s hbo pirate cartoon? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know much but slight details my older brother reminded me about a sci fi cartoon with piratelike characters and the captain pirate had somekind of eypiece and some other guy had one eye(huge eye) and you that's all I remember its not stargazer. Thanks please help Ive searched all of Google.

A Pirate or a Ninja [ 32 Answers ]

Which one would you rather be and why :D Ninja for me :D

Camilla Lucas Pirate Ship Pic [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to get some information/idea of value of what appears to be a pencil drawing with blue water color of 2 tall ships. The markings on the painting are: copyright 1838 Camilla Lucas, NY-USA bottom left has triangle w S.76 (?) and the name noilius Hoollandoes (SPL) On the...

Caribbean Pirate Movie without Cofresi? [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently seeing a preview of the movie Pirates of the Caribean and couldn't help but notice the glaring omission of the famous Puerto Rican Pirate Cofresi who was wreaking havoc wth shipping in that area. In fact, other nations protested to Spain asking the government to stop him. He was said...

View more questions Search