Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lexii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 05:46 AM
    How to say no to a guy without hurting him
    Ermm, so, a boy asked me out but I'm not interested in him,how can I say no but not hurt him too much and still be friends??
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2010, 05:55 AM

Here is the most simple thing that you can say. "Let me think about it" That usually works and then he probably won't ask again. If he does then you will have to say you just aren't ready for a relationship at the time.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2010, 06:07 AM

Be honest, it's going to hurt no matter what. Just say "I'm sorry I don't feel the same way about you, I see you as a friend and value that friendship."
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2010, 06:52 AM

Say something like, "I'm so honored that you asked, you mean so much to me as a friend. I'd rather not change what we have, if that's ok with you?"

Like Rome said, just be honest with him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 08:09 AM

Being honest is the way to go, but he may be hurt. That the chance you take asking someone out.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2010, 08:51 AM
    Be honest,and if he's hurt as he probably will be,that's what you risk setting yourself up for when you ask someone out.
    We all get rejected at one point or another.
    Metalhead11592 Posts: 157, Reputation: 11

Jan 6, 2010, 08:56 AM

Be completely honest with him tell him that you like him as a friend and you don't want that friendship to be damaged. If he has feelings for you, it might be better not to tell him about your relationships in the future. I know this personally because I was friends with a girl I liked, she told me how much she loved this boy and another boy and it hurt me inside. If you do that to him it'll tear him apart inside.
    LivingtheLifeinFLA Posts: 137, Reputation: 29

Jan 6, 2010, 07:45 PM

I enjoy hanging out with you, but I don't want to go down that road with you.
    WhereItsAt738 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2011, 09:13 AM
    I really appreciate that you asked and I enjoy spending time with you but I'd prefer it if we were just friends.
    It's going to hurt no matter what you say but it's a lot better than leading him on and humiliating him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gay guy falling in love with straight guy [ 11 Answers ]

So I've been working with this guy for about year and half. He's has with two kids with his live-in girlfriend. I'm a single gay. Everyday at work, we flirt a lot, he tells me that he loves me, he tells me that I'm cute, he's even asked me if I wanted to see his penis. What does this mean? Is...

Hurting someone [ 12 Answers ]

Have you ever hurt someone who has truly cared about you and left them ? In any way I mean. Have you ever regreted it and wish you hadn't done that? If so how? :)

Gay/Bi/Bicurious guy attracted to a Straight Guy [ 8 Answers ]

I'm not the best at this, but I'll give it a good shot! I'm a guy (may explain why I'm not good at this!), 19 years old and live in New Zealand. August 2008 - Offered a brilliant job, was so surprised I'm one of the youngest in the country to ever have the position!! Obviously said yes,...

Confused, stuck between the guy I love and the guy I like [ 9 Answers ]

OK so I've been dating this guy for almost 9 months, and our relationship really hasn't been the best ( cheating involved), well ever since like the 3rd or 4th month of our relationship me and one of his guy friends have been kind of flirty.. we text each other randomly and when me and my boyfriend...

Why am I hurting myself for a guy whose not worth it? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Today i came across one of my friends web site and she has a new bf..yeaa once again.. she dated some guy for about 5 years and i guess he cheated on her or watever n like 1 month after she has someone else REPLACED. They look so happy in their pics.. im not envious but i'm scratching my head...

View more questions Search