Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keith3765 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 09:47 AM
    My furnace has a burning smell when u first turn it on blower moter seems to be fine
    Burning smell when turned on
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 09:48 AM
    Does the smell keep up all the time?
    keith3765 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 09:54 AM

No it only lasts about 2 or 3 minites
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 10:51 AM
    If this is the first few times you have used the furnace the smell could be normal since dirt and dust accumulate on the heat exchanger during periods of nonuse. If the unit has some age on it now may be the time to have a CO check. If you start to feel dizzy look up CO on Google for the early signs of Carbon Monoxide poisoning and if you have any feeling at all about this have your furnace checked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant 90 Plus burning smell no blower [ 6 Answers ]

My inside fan isn't running but the unit runs on the outside of the house. In this thread KC13 recommended putting the heat or cool wire on the PRI-1 connector. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heating-air-conditioning/bryant-90-plus-furnace-burning-smell-no-blower-327491-2.html I did that and...

Bryant 90 Plus furnace burning smell, no blower [ 18 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I moved into this house around 3 years ago and this furnace was already here. We have had no problems with this furnace until now. Last night the furnace, (pre-blower) please correct me, kicked on and the burner lit good but the bottom blower motor would not turn on. The red...

My Gas Furnace Blower Moter Won't Turn Off [ 4 Answers ]

My furnace is working but the blower motor won't turn off. I can disconnect all of the wires on the thermostat and the motor still runs. The only way I can stop the motor is to either take the face plate off which disengages the switch or to unplug the power cord. I just put a new motor on the...

Whirlpool dryer drum won't turn, with burning smell [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool dryer drum won't turn, after I set the setting and close the door, and there is a strong burning smell at that time. It is only about 2 1/2 yrs old. Any ideas? Thanks, Cindy

View more questions Search